That action could not be completed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That action could not be completed.

I've just completed an upgrade in a dev environment from 3.7.x -> 3.8.x -> 4.2.2 -> 5.5.6 -> 5.6.0. Everything works find in the dev environment, but when I move the site and data to my hosted environment I get the following message:

Code:
    That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.
    Also, when I try to go to /admincp, the normal, front-end theme is used and everything switches to RTL mode and the message "You have been permanently banned by Administrator." is shown. I'm userid 1, and 'superadmins' only contains user id 1

I've used the result of mysqldump in my dev environment and inserted that data into a new database and updated config.php to use the new database.

When I set $config['debug'] = true;, I see the following output

Code:
    Debug: Error
    <b>API Error</b><br><b>Error:</b> invalidid<br><b>Args:</b><br><pre style="font-family:Lucida Console,Monaco5,monospace;font-size:small;overflow:auto;border:1px solid #CCC;">array ( 0 =&gt; 'usergroupid', )</pre>
    occurred in file /home2/roguesys/public_html/hosted/unrealplayground/core/vb/library/usergroup.php on line 52
    Trace
    Function fetchUsergroupByID in file /home2/roguesys/public_html/hosted/unrealplayground/core/vb/api/state.php line 422
    Function checkPasswordExpiry in file /home2/roguesys/public_html/hosted/unrealplayground/core/vb/api/state.php line 89
    Function checkBeforeView in file /home2/roguesys/public_html/hosted/unrealplayground/core/vb/api/route.php line 199
    Function getRoute in file /home2/roguesys/public_html/hosted/unrealplayground/core/vb/api/wrapper.php line 201
    Function __call in file /home2/roguesys/public_html/hosted/unrealplayground/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php line 101
    Function callApi in file /home2/roguesys/public_html/hosted/unrealplayground/includes/vb5/frontend/routing.php line 121
    Function setRoutes in file /home2/roguesys/public_html/hosted/unrealplayground/includes/vb5/frontend/application.php line 21
    Function init in file /home2/roguesys/public_html/hosted/unrealplayground/index.php line 48

Debug Information
    Page ID:
    Parent ID:
    Page Template ID:
    Route ID:
    Page Type:
    Screen Layout ID:
    Screen Layout Template:
    Channel ID:
    Node ID:
    Database Asserts: 0 (?)
    AJAX Requests: 1
    Facebook Active: No (Not enabled or no appid & secret set)
    Style ID: 39
    Templates/Renders: 14/14
    CSS Templates: 4
    JS Files: 3
    Included Files: 133
    Autoloaded Classes: 130
    Current Time: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 08:19:56 -0600
    Page Time:
    1. vBulletin Version - 5.6.0
    2. PHP Version - 7.3.13
    3. MySQL Version - 5.6.41
    4. Any Addons installed - No.
    5. Does the issue occur in a default style? - Unknown
    6. Does the issue occur using the English language provided? - Yes
    7. Error message on the screen - That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.
    8. Browser and Browser version used. - Chrome, Latest
    9. Did you clear the browser cache and did the error continue? - Yes
    10. A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue. - Navigate to the front page
    11. If the issue is an Invalid Server response, the web server and PHP logs that correspond with its timestamp.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this issue?
    Last edited by MadMikey; Wed 11 Mar '20, 5:42am.
    Mikey
    www.GamingAsylum.net

Your Administrator password is expired. Set the password expiry time limit to 0 under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager in the working copy and migrate the database again.

New installs do not set this value. Upgrades from vBulletin 3 and 4 will have it set to 180 days by default. The value never really worked as intended, not even in vBulletin 3 and 4. Current security guidance is to not expire passwords but to use Multi/Two-factor Authorization (MFA). MFA is supported in vBulletin 5.5.X+ and can be implemented after you have the site up and running.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I verified in my working copy that the password expiry for all Usergroups is set to zero. They were already zero. I also changed my password in the working copy.

Uploaded the database to the hosting environment and I still see the same behavior.
      Mikey
      www.GamingAsylum.net

Comment

The stack trace says it is failing there. Without access to the database, I don't know where it is failing if you're saying that isn't true.

What happens if you delete your cookies and visit the site? Log in on the front-end before visiting the AdminCP.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Here's a .gif of what happens. I'm clearing the cache in Chrome settings, then clearing the cookies from the Application tab in Chrome dev tools. I'm unable to log into the front-end, receiving the dialog shown, after resetting my password in my working copy and re-importing the DB.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srspkeve9z...81%29.gif?dl=0

The whole /admincp changing everything to RTL is weird.

I've also did the whole "suspect file detection" and removed extra files (except images) in the working copy and the whole folder was zipped and copied to the hosting server.
          Mikey
          www.GamingAsylum.net

Comment

If giving you access to the DB would be helpful, I can look into that. If you can PM me an IP address, I can get you credentials.
            Mikey
            www.GamingAsylum.net

Comment