Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error 501 when registering a new user with google reCaptcha enabled.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Error 501 when registering a new user with google reCaptcha enabled.

    Code:
    [LIST=1][*]vBulletin Version - 5.6.0[*]PHP Version - 7.4.1[*]MySQL Version - 10.4.12-MariaDB[*]Any Addons installed - None[*]Does the issue occur in a default style? - Yes[*]Does the issue occur using the English language provided? - Yes[*]Error message on the screen' - Popup with 503[*]Browser and Browser version used.  - Latest firefox and latest chrome[*]Did you clear the browser cache and did the error continue? - Yes[/LIST]
    I have the following issue with human verification settings. When a new user wants to register with the Human Verification Library set to 'Image Verification' everything works fine. When I switch this to reCaptcha (and fill in the correct keys) I get a 503 (503 error Service Unavailable) when trying to register with the exact same valid input. The POST request seems to go to /registration/registration instead of just /registration. How can I fix my google reCaptcha?

    Request
    Code:
    [LIST][*]airwork.nl/forum/registration/registration[*]Request Method:
    
    	POST[*]Status Code:
    
    	503 Service Unavailable[*]Remote Address:
    
    	195.20.9.119:443[*]Referrer Policy:
    
    	no[/LIST][LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Menlo][SIZE=11px]POST /forum/registration/registration HTTP/1.1 Host: airwork.nl Connection: keep-alive Content-Length: 1366 Accept: application/json, text/javascript, */*; q=0.01 Sec-Fetch-Dest: empty X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.132 Safari/537.36 Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8 Origin: https://airwork.nl Sec-Fetch-Site: same-origin Sec-Fetch-Mode: cors Referer: https://airwork.nl/forum/register Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br Accept-Language: en-GB,en-US;q=0.9,en;q=0.8,nl;q=0.7 Cookie: PHPSESSID=22141644e45dfc395153ec64f69932ef; lastvisit=1583904512; np_notices_displayed=; sessionhash=cdf10002ff04f22c576d2114cf83fad8; lastactivity=1583904557[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
     
    [/LEFT]
    Response
    Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    <html><head>
    <title>503 Service Unavailable</title>
    </head><body>
    <h1>Service Unavailable</h1>
    <p>The server is temporarily unable to service your
    request due to maintenance downtime or capacity
    problems. Please try again later.</p>
    </body></html>
    I might alsoo add cUrl is installed and enabled:
    cURL support enabled
    cURL Information 7.29.0
    Last edited by VictorDelta; Wed 11 Mar '20, 6:15am.

  • #2
    I was wondering, could it be that I am running vBulletin in a subfolder 'forum'? Resulting in links which look like /forum/forum ?

    Comment


    • #3
      You're getting a 503 error. This is being returned by Google's server and has nothing to do with the path of vBulletin or what directory you installed it in.

      On the Google Recaptcha site make sure that the key is assigned to your domain. Make sure that you have reCaptcha v2 Checkbox selected as the type.
      Translations provided by Google.

      Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for your response. I can confirm that I have selected v2 checkbox and I have the public and private key set correctly.

        The POST to google seems to be fine:

        It's the request to vBulletin that gives the 503:

        Last edited by VictorDelta; Wed 11 Mar '20, 12:34pm.

        Comment


        • #5
          I also might add, should it matter, I upgraded my forum from version 3.8.4 to the current version.

          Comment


          • #6
            How are you verifying site ownership for Google? The most common method is using a Meta Tag entered into Settings -> Options -> Search Engine Tools. Are you using the HTML file method? Does this file exist on the server still?

            Does the issue occur in a default style? The login form was refactored in 5.6.0 so your custom style may need an upgrade.
            Translations provided by Google.

            Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

            Comment


            • #7
              I verified ownership via a HTML file, meta tag and google analytics. I also have the meta tag and site ownership verification still enabled in vBulletin.

              Also, I tested this with the default style.

              Comment


              • #8
                Unfortunately, I do not know why you're receiving a 503 error if everything is setup correctly as you state. Google is saying your site isn't eligible for that specific access with the 503 error.
                Translations provided by Google.

                Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

                Comment

                Related Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X