Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum clock advanced by 1 hour but nothing updated

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Forum clock advanced by 1 hour but nothing updated

    Members are reporting that the time on our forum has suddenly advanced by 1 hour.

    ​​​​​​It's the same whether logged in or out.

    Same here on vBulletin, my time is 1 hour on.

    What will have caused this? We've not changed any settings. We are on Cloud
    __________________________________________
    We don't stop playing because we grow old;
    we grow old because we stop playing.
    GBS

  • #2
    A few minutes ago everything went back an hour on our forum and all is correct.

    Same on here, the time is now correct.


    __________________________________________
    We don't stop playing because we grow old;
    we grow old because we stop playing.
    GBS

    Comment


    • #3
      It's probably something to do with the US clocks having gone forward this weekend.
      UK clocks are not changed for another three weeks.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

      TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks Mark, but why would that change a UK based site where 90% of members are set to GMT
        __________________________________________
        We don't stop playing because we grow old;
        we grow old because we stop playing.
        GBS

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post
          Thanks Mark, but why would that change a UK based site where 90% of members are set to GMT
          I don't know, it's going to be something to do with the time settings on the overall cloud platform, I would imagine. Wayne may be able to shed more light on it.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

          TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

          Comment


          • #6
            My time is off on this VB forum also. I tried to adjust it in my profile but the agree to terms box pops up. Cannot find where to check off the terms. So in a nut shell I cannot edit anything here in my profile

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
              My time is off on this VB forum also. I tried to adjust it in my profile but the agree to terms box pops up. Cannot find where to check off the terms. So in a nut shell I cannot edit anything here in my profile
              My time on here corrected itself yesterday and is still correct as is our forum.

              just tried editing my profile without problems.




              __________________________________________
              We don't stop playing because we grow old;
              we grow old because we stop playing.
              GBS

              Comment


              • #8
                Log out, Log in and check the user agreement box. Make changes in profile, click save and get the agree to user agreement pop up notice.. Must be blind, can't find it. My setting is already set to automatic DTS, but it's an hour off

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post
                  Thanks Mark, but why would that change a UK based site where 90% of members are set to GMT
                  Because it is on US based servers and the time is based on server time. Not where the users are located. We take the server time and then add the user's timezone to that if necessary. In order to adjust to the User's time, Javascript has to load and it will only affect subsequent page loads. These Javascript routines are the only way we can know where the end-user is located and whether they have adjusted their machine to Daylight Saving Time or not.
                  Translations provided by Google.

                  Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
                    Log out, Log in and check the user agreement box. Make changes in profile, click save and get the agree to user agreement pop up notice.. Must be blind, can't find it. My setting is already set to automatic DTS, but it's an hour off
                    I show that DST is not in effect on your account on this site.

                    Are you blocking any Javascript with a browser extension? NoScript, Adblock, Ublock Origin, Bitdefender, any number of anti-virus programs are all examples of extensions/programs that can block Javascript. If you are, then this will prevent DST from changing on your account.
                    Translations provided by Google.

                    Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

                      I show that DST is not in effect on your account on this site.

                      Are you blocking any Javascript with a browser extension? NoScript, Adblock, Ublock Origin, Bitdefender, any number of anti-virus programs are all examples of extensions/programs that can block Javascript. If you are, then this will prevent DST from changing on your account.
                      No antivirus or blockers on my iOS devices. This screenshot was from an ipad

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Interesting as you should only see that when your IP Address tracks to a European / UK location. When you log in on this site, do you see the checkbox to agree to the terms of service? Should be with red text under the password box.
                        Translations provided by Google.

                        Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                        Comment

                        widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X