Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we add entries to Calendar and events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we add entries to Calendar and events?

Is there a front end page to populate calendar? Or is it only through admin panel? Could not find a place in panel where we can enter calendar entries. I saw some forums showing holidays, etc in calendar

also the release notes say announcements are going away. How do we show an alert/announcement on the top of each page? Is it by events?

Go to any channel (Forum, Blog, Group, or Articles). Create an Event content type. It will automatically show on the calendar.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-03-05_13-12-21.png
Views:	49
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	4436234

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Should anyone be able to create events and cram the calendar or should it be allowed to only moderators? I was able to create a test event here.

Do Holidays need to be entered manually or is there a way to sync them from external sources like OPM, Google Calendar, etc or made as part of updates?

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...days/#url=2020

Comment

Originally posted by webcms View Post
        Should anyone be able to create events and cram the calendar or should it be allowed to only moderators? I was able to create a test event here.

Do Holidays need to be entered manually or is there a way to sync them from external sources like OPM, Google Calendar, etc or made as part of updates?

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...days/#url=2020
        You can restrict permissions using the usergroup permission "Can create event".

There is no syncing with any external calendars.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I found some issues while setting up vB and I'll send the list later.

For now, here are 2 glitches I found in Calendar and Events.

Calendar uses GMT and highlights wrong day near cutoff. If my timezone is Central, Calendar highlights tomorrow's date as Today in the grid 6 hours before 12 am. The time is now 6:55 pm CST, my timezone is set in the Account to Central (GMT-6 also shows in the footer) but it is highlighting Mar 6 as Today already in my installation.

Events are showing 1 day earlier than Calendar. For instance, Calendar shows Dec 25 as Christmas but Events show Dec 24 as Christmas in my installation. All events are off by -1 day (maybe related to the above GMT issue)
          Last edited by webcms; Thu 5th Mar '20, 4:04pm.

Comment

I created a Test MM here and it shows in April 1 cell in calendar cell.
            But when I go to Events List, it shows as Mar 31.

Comment

Originally posted by webcms View Post
              I created a Test MM here and it shows in April 1 cell in calendar cell.
              But when I go to Events List, it shows as Mar 31.
              It will depend on your timezone.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

My Time zone is set as Central in my account here.

why are calendar and events not showing same result? They should use the same time zone.

Comment

An all day event from March 31st, 2020 to April 1st, 2020 runs from 00:00:01 on March 31st 2020 to 11:59:59 on April 1st, 2020. That is effectively a two day event and is what I see in the Calendar.
                  Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 6th Mar '20, 11:04am.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I created the event for April 1 - all day. It shows April 1 on Calendar grid but shows as March 31 in Events.

A holiday is all day right? How do we create a holiday in a calendar to say Dec 25 is Christmas (the Events view shows Dec 24 as Christmas).

I created 10 National Holidays events for 2020 in my calendar - they all show correctly in calendar view but show 1 day early in events view.

Thanks!

Comment

You've changed the time zone of your user? The first administrator would be created with a timezone of GMT. You have to change this in your account. The setting in the ADminCP only applies to Guest Users and is the default for new registrations. Changing it doesn't affect previously created users.

Wayne Luke

Comment

This is for myself - there are no users. Timezone is set in my Account to Central GMT-6 (also shows in the footer). But calendar and events don't show identical results. Even if the result is shown wrong, both calendar and events should show wrong results - but they are off by 1 day.

Comment

This problem only happens on the widget on our site

Comment

Yes, I’m talking about the calendar and events widgets. Their results don’t match with each other or the user’s time zone.

Comment

While it shouldn't matter, what do you have set for the time zone under Settings -> Options -> Date and Time Options?

What happens if you make sure it matches your local time?

Repeat this when toggling "Enable Daylight Savings" on the same options page.

What happens?

Wayne Luke

Comment