Admin and Mod CP issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin and Mod CP issues

The footer menu for admincp and modcp don’t work.
    Admincp works only if url is suffixed with index.php.
    modcp does not work even with index.php suffixed.
    is this something to do with htaccess not setup correctly?

thanks

Neither link should require index.php. Your server should have index.php defined as a "default document"

Since there is neither a /modcp or /admincp directory in 5.5.6 and higher, you must make sure that your .htaccess file is up to date.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

5.5.6 has admincp and modcp folders. I password-protected them and it gave error pages. When I removed password protection, the O/S did not delete the password files for some reason and I had to blow them off manually. There is a htaccess file in modcp folder but none in admincp. Do I need to create htaccess files in these folders and put some code in them? The htaccess file in the web root has the code from htaccess.txt file that came with the installation. /admincp and /modcp urls without the index.php still do not work but show directory listing or error pages even from the footer menus. When accessed with index.php, i can log into both panels.

the code may not be using these folders but apparently, password protecting them affected the behavior.

Is it possible to password protect these folders and still be able to login? How?

Comment

Also tested with a fresh install of 5.5.6 and found same directory listing issues without index.php.

I did not see anything else to add as htaccess in these folders or in webroot other than htaccess.txt which I added.

Comment

On your site, /modcp and /admincp are getting redirected to having index.php appended and so it works. There is no redirection htaccess code on ours and hence issues

PLease advise with some code for haccess maybe

Comment

Are you using a default vBulletin .htaccess file in the root of your forum directory?

As Wayne said, there is no /admincp directory and no /modcp directory now. It is done with rewrites. if you have those as physical directories in the forum root directory, then this could cause problems and they should be removed.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

vBulletin 5 uses virtual routing for its URLs in a web browser. What is shown in the web browser has no relation to the file structure stored on the server. The only file that gets used in processing every single vBulletin page is index.php in the main vBulletin directory. It loads the vBulletin engine. The engine figures out what to load, how to draw it, and what its URL should be in the browser.

In versions of vBulletin 5 before 5.5.6, there was a /admincp directory. It was empty and putting files into this directory can break AdminCP functionality. This directory was explicitly removed in 5.5.6. There has never been a /modcp directory in the vBulletin root under vBulletin 5. Having a /modcp directory will break this functionality.

Your vBulletin 5.5.6 directory should look like this:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-03-02_12-18-53.png Views:	0 Size:	6.9 KB ID:	4435974

Inside the /core directory there should be both an admincp and modcp subdirectory. You should not be accessing these directories directly. You should not rename these directories. You should not password protect these directories.
              • If you want to control access to the AdminCP and ModCP directories via IP Address, you can do this in the /core/includes/config.php file. Instructions are in the file.
              • If you want to make sure the person accessing these control panels is the right person, you should enable Two-Factor Authorization and have each user set that up in their settings. This can be enabled in the /core/includes/config.php file.
              In addition to the above, you should make sure you're using the .htaccess file that ships with 5.5.6.
              Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 2nd Mar '20, 11:37am.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I deleted those folders and it works now (these folders came wth the installation files).

Comment

I was only password-protecting the admincp and modcp in the root that came with the 5.5.6 installation. I deleted these folders and all fine now.

Thanks

Comment

I can't recreate obtaining those directories in a 5.5.6 or 5.6.0 download package and they don't exist in the SVN that is used to build the package. I am not sure how they occurred in your download package.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Yeah, that was the confusing part. I downloaded it on Feb 29. I just unzipped it again to check and there are no admincp and modcp folders in upload folder. I guess they might have been created during install process (they are empty folders). I re-installed it on a subdomain later and got the same file structure and both having same directory listing issue.

It's ok - all good now

Comment