Moderators - Disconnect between Social Group and AdminCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderators - Disconnect between Social Group and AdminCP

For my screenshots, keep in mind that I changed the 'phrase' from 'Moderator' to 'Chapter Director'.

In Social Groups, I've invited our Chapter Directors to become Moderators for their respective social groups (chapters). They've all accepted, which is great, and if I follow the 'Manage Group Managers" link from the Social Group page, I am shown a list of the Group Owner and Moderators. Super.

But when I'm in the AdminCP, not a single group has a moderator associated with it. Why is this? They've all been showing 0 moderators since before I changed the phrase so I know that's not it. Its like there is a disconnect between the two.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	4435777

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	4435778

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	4435779
    Vote for Feature--> Member Lists in Groups

When a User is a Moderator you have to assign which Channels they moderate in the AdminCP

User Groups are channels so those also have to be assigned.

Comment

I was under the impression that when I was 'adding a moderator', I was in fact 'adding a moderator'. So... apparently 'adding a moderator' doesn't actually mean 'adding a moderator'? That's a bit confusing. Because this is how I added each of my 'moderators' as I created each group. For 50+ groups, that now apparently don't have a moderator? Or do they?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	4435782

Comment

Taking your advice, I added another moderator to that group via the AdminCP. But that user that I just added does not show up anywhere on the group page.

So... 'moderator' does not equal 'moderator'. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other. It would seem to make sense for these two things to be the same thing.
        Last edited by zkengle; Fri 28 Feb '20, 7:17am.

Comment

Channel Moderators belong to the Channel Moderators usergroup behind the scenes and use its permissions. There are a subset of moderator permissions available. The caveat is the permissions only work in the specific channel they are a moderator of and all actions are handled on the front end. While a Channel Moderator can remove a user from that specific channel, they cannot ban that user from the site.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you, I understand that, and that's the permissions I thought I was assigning through the front end of each of the group management pages.

I guess I just don't understand... If I add a different channel moderator for each channel in the AdminCP Channel Manager (back end), why do each of those moderators not show up as the moderator for their respective channel (on the front end)? And vice-versa... if I were to assign a group channel moderator on the front end, I expected to see that same person listed as the channel moderator for that particular group channel on the back end.

That's where, to me at least, there seems to be a disconnect in the logic.

Comment

It is a different system and really meant for Channels created by the Administrator. Specifically Forum and Article channels. Normally, the Administrator doesn't own the Social Group or Blog channels and you don't want to give a lot of people access to the AdminCP either.

Having different systems is partly due to trying to maintain backwards compatibility with older versions and providing new features customers wanted without overloading the system with performance issues.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X