Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zkengle
    replied
    I tried to comment out the whole div, but it broke the page layout. Deleting it did not.

I've already deleted the div, so I don't know if that css would have worked.

Leave a comment:

• delicjous
    replied
    You could not comment out only that one line because you have a closing tag under the part you commented out!

Just try this:

HTML Code:
    #groupParticipants{display:none}
    ...in your css_additional.css?!

Leave a comment:

• zkengle
    replied
    Sounds good, Wayne. Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Template customizations should carry over through each upgrade.

The system has been designed this way for a long time. There is actually a complex inheritance system built into the engine to handle things like this.

Leave a comment:

• zkengle
    replied
    Ok, trying to comment it out broke the page layout, but deleting that Div works.

Will this be need to be re-done each time we update the forum software?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There is no way to easily delete the "Owner" header using CSS because it doesn't have unique CSS identifiers.

If you remove it from the template and decide you want it back, you can "revert" your changes and the original template will be restored.

Leave a comment:

• zkengle
    replied
    I must not have the correct line, because that breaks the page layout.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    Just comment it out.

<!--
    <div class="b-sidebar-field b-sidebar-field--space-above groupAvatars" id="groupParticipants">
    -->

That way it's easily restored if it doesn't do what you want.

Leave a comment:

• zkengle
    replied
    I was poking around in there and found that section, but was hoping there was some 'additional css' that I can use to just hide it. I guess I'm just caution when it comes to deleting things.

I believe this is the section in widget_groupsummary:

Code:
    <div class="b-sidebar-field b-sidebar-field--space-above groupAvatars" id="groupParticipants">
    Last edited by zkengle; Thu 27 Feb '20, 9:21am.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Edit the 'widget_groupsummary' template and remove the relevant section from that template.

Leave a comment:

• zkengle
    replied
    Ahhh.... I must be learning... two seconds after I posted this, I used webinspector to discover "About this Group" is a phrase, and was able to change it in the Phrase manager. If this was not the proper way to go about this, please do let me know.

Still not sure about hiding the owner section from the module.

Leave a comment:

• zkengle
    started a topic Modify Group Module?

Modify Group Module?

This is not a big deal at all, but I'm wondering if there's some magic that can change this module to say "About this Chapter", and also hide the Owner section. 'TearJerkers' is the Owner for all our groups (Chapters), so this really isn't necessary. Our Chapter Directors are the moderators. Thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	53.7 KB ID:	4435686