• Show
Clear All

• moving my live forum to anther server

try to moving my live forum to anther server
    got a backup forum and datebase

upload forum and datebase to the new server edit config.php
    according to the new server get blank page the server don't give any error
    I put the forum on debug mode I get this error is any way I fix this

Error :Call to a member function fetch_userinfo() on null on line 1846 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/core/includes/functions.php
    Step 0: vbdate() called on line 514 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/core/vb/mail.php
    Step 1: doShortcodeReplacements() called on line 405 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/core/vb/mail.php
    Step 2: send() called on line 139 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/core/vb/mail.php
    Step 3: vbmail() called on line 92 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/core/vb/exception/database.php
    Step 4: __construct() called on line 1208 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/core/vb/database.php
    Step 5: halt() called on line 496 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/core/vb/database.php
    Step 6: select_db() called on line 284 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/core/vb/database.php
    Step 7: connect() called on line 94 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/core/vb/db/mysql/assertor.php
    Step 8: load_database() called on line 148 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/core/vb/db/assertor.php
    Step 9: init() called on line 836 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/core/vb/vb.php
    Step 10: getDbAssertor() called on line 852 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/core/vb/vb.php
    Step 11: getDatastore() called on line 48 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php
    Step 12: init() called on line 71 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/includes/api/interfaceabstract.php
    Step 13: instance() called on line 120 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/includes/vb5/frontend/routing.php
    Step 14: setRoutes() called on line 21 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/includes/vb5/frontend/application.php
    Step 15: init() called on line 48 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/index.php
    voyger.: In Almighty God I trust, everyone else has to provide evidence."

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Double check your database connection information. Including table prefix. It appears that no connection is being made.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

hi wayne I am on learn process pleas be patient

contact my host look like there was a miss dot on date base name correct that
      now on browser still get this error is look like the browser redirect me on core/install/index.php
      as on backup forum Therese's not a install folder

https://testforum.xxx.xxx.it/core/install/index.php

Object not found!
      The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

what they saying there is a miss index flash

question do I have to upload the install folder on "core" and do a install. or I have just do upgrade

thanks

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

It is redirecting because it can't find the vBulletin tables in the database that it is now connected to. So it assumes that you want to install the software.

The database has been restored and all the tables exist in the database? You or your host would do this through the MySQL command line or whatever tool they give you to process large file imports.

If there is a table_prefix in the database, then this must be specified in the /core/includes/config.php file. Otherwise the software will assume there isn't one and not find the tables.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

hi wayne
          edit the prefix look like gone a step forward can see the forum can't enter the admin cp

now get tis error
          Warning: Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 23 Warning: Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 23

can see when i hover on banner it have my live forum url
          as i can't enter the Admin CP how can edit the url testforum from server

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

You can change the URL of your test site using tools.php found in your do_not_upload folder. https://forum.vbulletin.com/articles...sing-tools-php

The "Warnings" shouldn't occur on your live site if display_errors is off in PHP. Seems to be related to one of your templates but there is no way for me to know which one without access to the database.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

hi wayne

edited the url as you said above didn't make any difference the error persist
              is there any chance if I upload my database on Mega upload and send you the link can you have a look for me
              voyger
              Last edited by voyger; Wed 4 Mar '20, 9:47am.

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

Which error? The last message was warnings, not errors. Warnings should not prevent the software from operating even if they appear unsightly. You should operate with display_errors off on production sites because of this.

If you need us to look at the database, a support ticket needs to be provided.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

hi wayne again!

the forum and database on testforum they are the same as my live forum

edited the config.php and .htaccess yesterday upload the install folder with tools.php
                  Point my browser to the file at /core/install/tools.php (e.g.
                  https://example.com/core/install/tools.php) as per guide edit the url https://testforum/xxx

get this

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	110
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	4436167

look like don't found the url get 404 error
                  the host or server don't get any error

call the host they saying there is a software error someware.now i am stack got the feeling there is lot of error on database as was my first forum
                  can't upgrade my live forum i have to sortout this test forum
                  hope i explain the situation thanks again for exsosting your patient

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

Looks like the .htaccess isn't working.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

wayne
                      wayne Click image for larger version  Name:	thankyou.gif Views:	2 Size:	1.5 KB ID:	4436366

thank god at the end we got Success thanks for all your tip and patient my test forum work nicely
                      fix all the bug by run the tool tip as for guide. lovely job
                      my regard
                      voyger
                      Last edited by voyger; Sat 7 Mar '20, 10:20am.

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

hi again
                        post here for my future reference
                        got little problem with my testforum header logo try to upload my site logo get error try again
                        see picture
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture4.PNG Views:	0 Size:	402.1 KB ID:	4436535

go to styles header is empty

when go to show the the page get error how do I fix this
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture5.PNG Views:	0 Size:	372.0 KB ID:	4436536

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

Make sure the attachment storage location is writable by the web server.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

to tell you the true I upload datebase only the forum with post NO attachment
                            as it is only a testforum didn't want to overload the server with lot of files
                            is there another option to fix
                            thanks

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

The logo is an attachment. To change the logo, you need to be able to store attachments. You would either need to create a directory to store these in for your test forum or store attachments in the database.

Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment