recent media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recent media

Is possible to add a page with recent media upload by all users ?

There is no way to show attachments in a search exclusively. The word "media" doesn't mean anything to the system at this time.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      There is no way to show attachments in a search exclusively. The word "media" doesn't mean anything to the system at this time.
      That's a bit disappointing, hope this can be implemented on new release. I mean it's something which is good to have a forum...

Comment

To do this how you envision there would need to be at least two different feature requests.

1) A way to define what Media is within the system. Media is typically considered to be audio, video, images, and ebooks. A way to distinguish different file types as media is needed in the attachment type manager. The system does have some image types hardcoded but this is a limited list.

2) A search filter to search for and list Media File or their Nodes. Each attachment is a child of a node. A single node can have multiple attachments. In a default installation, it is 5 attachments per node. This can be increased. Then there are other qualifiers that have to be looked at.
        • Some types of attachments, like an image, can be a node on its own with its own description text. So would these be included or not?
        • Do we include media (currently videos and images) uploaded to a user's profile? Currently a user profile isn't searchable so that would have to be added as well.
        • Or just those in channels.
        • Is linked media shown? Such as YouTube or Vimeo videos
        Wording would be important because requests are implemented as written.

Wayne Luke

Comment

To do this how you envision there would need to be at least two different feature requests.

1) A way to define what Media is within the system. Media is typically considered to be audio, video, images, and ebooks. A way to distinguish different file types as media is needed in the attachment type manager. The system does have some image types hardcoded but this is a limited list.

2) A search filter to search for and list Media File or their Nodes. Each attachment is a child of a node. A single node can have multiple attachments. In a default installation, it is 5 attachments per node. This can be increased. Then there are other qualifiers that have to be looked at.
          • Some types of attachments, like an image, can be a node on its own with its own description text. So would these be included or not?
          • Do we include media (currently videos and images) uploaded to a user's profile? Currently a user profile isn't searchable so that would have to be added as well.
          • Or just those in channels.
          • Is linked media shown? Such as YouTube or Vimeo videos
          Wording would be important because requests are implemented as written.
          Is will be nice to have additional page with latest image uploaded in the forum by any user, no audio, but just pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Faustvasea97 View Post

Is will be nice to have additional page with latest image uploaded in the forum by any user, no audio, but just pictures.
            Each forum already has this with the "Photos" tab above the list of topics.

For example in this specific forum, the URL would be: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...?tab=media-tab

Wayne Luke

Comment

Each forum already has this with the "Photos" tab above the list of topics.

For example in this specific forum, the URL would be: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...?tab=media-tab
              Spotted, but will be great to have additional module for recent media added to the forum and a bit of picture exif and sharing link

Comment

I can see how a forum that is centered around images could use such a feature. It wouldn't be practical for every forum but there are a good number of forums centered around photos.

Comment

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
                  I can see how a forum that is centered around images could use such a feature. It wouldn't be practical for every forum but there are a good number of forums centered around photos.
                  That's what I'm saying is good feature to have it. As my forum is based on photography that module/feature is a bit needed.

Comment

Spotted, but will be great to have additional module for recent media added to the forum and a bit of picture exif and sharing link
                    Possibly. Won't happen without a feature request entered into the Issue Tracker. Requests created by customers and voted on by customers have more priority than what I created. Currently 20% of all open issues were written by me and many of them go back to 2012.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Possibly. Won't happen without a feature request entered into the Issue Tracker. Requests created by customers and voted on by customers have more priority than what I created. Currently 20% of all open issues were written by me and many of them go back to 2012.
                      So you saying it won't happen new features to vbulletin? Because if you saying that, then vbulletin has no future...

Comment

So you saying it won't happen new features to vbulletin? Because if you saying that, then vbulletin has no future...
                        I am saying that if you want it to happen, then you need to make a feature request in the Issue Tracker linked at the top of the page.

If the request doesn't exist in the Issue Tracker, then it doesn't exist at all.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I am saying that if you want it to happen, then you need to make a feature request in the Issue Tracker linked at the top of the page.

If the request doesn't exist in the Issue Tracker, then it doesn't exist at all.
                          How long takes to get approval?

Comment

New issues are reviewed every Monday and Wednesday. Issues are slotted into development based on customer feedback on the issue and available time.

Wayne Luke

Comment

It's also possible to do something like this (I have made this go back a ludicrous amount of time but you can adapt the search string to change it:
                              https://www.talknewsuk.com/search?se...vateMessage"]}

This will only show photos posted using the 'Camera' icon on the left of the editor though.
                              Last edited by Mark.B; Thu 27th Feb '20, 11:34am.
                              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
                              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment