Can't post a link and event in the same post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't post a link and event in the same post

Is there a way I can make a post that contains both a link and event? I am hoping to make a post on my forum that has a link in it and get it on the calendar. I seem to only be able to do one or the other. Thanks

You can only use one Content Type per post. These are the icons in the top left corner of the editor. Photo Gallery, Link/Video, Poll, and Event.

You can add URLs and other rich content to the "Text" of your post by using the Rich Text toolbar which is made visible by clicking the "A" tool on the upper right of the Editor.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• rob@audiomixclub.com
      [email protected] commented
      Editing a comment
      Is there a way to make the post an Event and use bb code or something to get a link in the text to a video to show in the post like if I was posting a link instead or an Event? I am so hoping to post an Event so it is on the calendar but also shows the video player for the video link in the same post. Thanks in advance for your help. Please remember that I don't know all the lingo yet.

You can use the "Insert Video" tool to insert a video into the text of an Event topic.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-02-27_10-38-05.png
Views:	48
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	4435714

Wayne Luke
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Is there something I need to do to get the option to post an event? Both in my own forum and here the top line in the post editor only shows the "Share photos" and "Post link" icons to the left, and the "Upload attachments", "Toggle advanced editor" and "Add smilies" icons to the right.

Comment

You can only create events as Topic Starters by pressing the + New Topic/Article/Entry button in the channel. I don't know why that limitation was decided on.

Otherwise on your own site, make sure you have the "Can Create Event" permission in the channel permissions.

Wayne Luke
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Aha. Thanks.

Comment