Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    commented on 's reply
    I created a new issue with template changes for a workaround - https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-20061

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Posting this for others and future searches.

Originally posted by Fil Ben View Post
    These are the dividers I am wanting to reduce please if possible, they are a bit thick for my needs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	space.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	4435560
    The area indicated in the image is the "First" level of forums. If the channel is marked as a Category, then its name appears here and the description is removed from the display. The look of this area is controlled by the module_primary_subheader group of Style Variables. Changing the size of the area must be changed via CSS. However, if you have level one Forums and level one Categories, this can break the display.

I believe there is a bug report to remove this from the forum display if there is not a category.

Leave a comment:

• Fil Ben
    replied
    Sorry Guys, I made a boo boo, I've said in the past that it's rubbish being old and though I ain't doing bad for an 80yo, you forget a lot of things.

I set up the channels wrong so the broad lines were my fault. All set up properly now (more by accident) and it's looking much better.

Thanks all for a your help and advice.

Leave a comment:

• Fil Ben
    replied
    These are the dividers I am wanting to reduce please if possible, they are a bit thick for my needs.

Name:	space.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	4435560

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    A picture with the element highlighted may help us determine what you're trying to do.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    Originally posted by Fil Ben View Post
    That's the way to do it - thank you Wayne.

Just one more thing, I've been using VB for more years than I like to remember but I can't remember what the name of the separators between the forums on the front index page
    are called so can't look for a way to reduce then in thickness ???

I've searched for hours. There used to be a page that described all the various things on the front page by pointing to it and naming it but I can't find that either.
    If you're referring to the empty space between the forum and the horizontal rule dividing one forum from the next one then maybe this is what you want.

.forum-list-container .forum-item td {
    padding: 15px 0;

Leave a comment:

• Fil Ben
    replied
    That's the way to do it - thank you Wayne.

Just one more thing, I've been using VB for more years than I like to remember but I can't remember what the name of the separators between the forums on the front index page
    are called so can't look for a way to reduce then in thickness ???

I've searched for hours. There used to be a page that described all the various things on the front page by pointing to it and naming it but I can't find that either.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Disregard the above it can cause irreperable harm to your site. You shouldn't blank any phrases as 1) that won't be using the phrase forums but a page_title_phrase. 2) it can cause problems down the road.
    1. Go to the page you want to remove the title from.
    2. Make sure edit site is turned on.
    3. Click Edit Page.
    4. Click the delete icon (trash can) for the Page Title module.
    5. Save the page.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    Search in Phrases for "Forums" and edit the Page Title phrases. Leave the Translations blank by using the space bar.

Alternatively, you can hide the phrase using the following in your css_additional.css template:

.page-title-widget .module-title, .page-title-widget .module-title h1 {
    display: none;
    }

Leave a comment:

• Fil Ben
    started a topic How to remove the word 'Forums' from the front page

How to remove the word 'Forums' from the front page

Can someone please let me know how to remove the word 'Forums from the front page please.

Name:	removeforums2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	4435330

It's not showing on this sites front page

Name:	forumsremoval.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	4435331