Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

issue with profile message board

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • issue with profile message board

    Hi, why the profile message board is not full width ? I got this picture here.

    How can I fix it?

    Thanks
    Attached Files

  • #2
    This doesn't happen on a default installation.

    Does the same issue occur if you create a new style with no parent, (which gives you a completely default style), and then browse to the page using that style?
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

    TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      This doesn't happen on a default installation.

      Does the same issue occur if you create a new style with no parent, (which gives you a completely default style), and then browse to the page using that style?
      I have this since installation, just haven't reported. I'll tested it, and let you know.

      Comment


      • #4
        If you remove your custom CSS temporarily, what happens to that page?

        Or just switch your user to a different style by clicking on the style name in the AdminCP's Style Manager.
        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          If you remove your custom CSS temporarily, what happens to that page?

          Or just switch your user to a different style by clicking on the style name in the AdminCP's Style Manager.
          It does work fine on admin account, but not others for some reason.

          Comment


          • #6
            The entire layout of a vBulletin 5 site is completely controlled by CSS. CSS can be used to update color, background, position, and size among many other things. The most likely cause is due to custom CSS that has been applied to the site and isn't specific enough to what it is doing.

            So... I repeat my question:

            Does it happen if the custom CSS is removed temporarily?
            Translations provided by Google.

            Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              The entire layout of a vBulletin 5 site is completely controlled by CSS. CSS can be used to update color, background, position, and size among many other things. The most likely cause is due to custom CSS that has been applied to the site and isn't specific enough to what it is doing.

              So... I repeat my question:

              Does it happen if the custom CSS is removed temporarily?
              Yes it does, just removed all CSS and made a test, the thing is, on admin account everything is ok, on simple user account that's buggy

              Comment


              • #8
                Are you viewing the page as an Administrator or the "simple user account"?

                When you inspect the working and non-working examples, what are the differences in the computed CSS?
                Translations provided by Google.

                Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  Are you viewing the page as an Administrator or the "simple user account"?

                  When you inspect the working and non-working examples, what are the differences in the computed CSS?
                  Yes, when I'm logged as administrator and viewing other profiles, everything is ok, but when as a simple user, the comment bit is buggy.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Welp without access to the page, I have no idea what is going on. We cannot diagnose issues via screenshot. It doesn't happen in a default install so one of your modifications is causing it. And yes, you have a lot of modifications installed. Custom CSS is a modification. The annoying bouncing registration box is a modification. Etc...
                    Translations provided by Google.

                    Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                      Welp without access to the page, I have no idea what is going on. We cannot diagnose issues via screenshot. It doesn't happen in a default install so one of your modifications is causing it. And yes, you have a lot of modifications installed. Custom CSS is a modification. The annoying bouncing registration box is a modification. Etc...
                      ))

                      I've tried to delete all CSS and check the user profile, and from administration account everything, I just don't know why issue persist on simple user account

                      Maybe I will try again and delete browser cache

                      Comment

                      Related Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X