Google Search Error on embedded Youtube video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Search Error on embedded Youtube video

Got an error from Google today regarding my forums. The error was labeled "video errors". The attached is a screen dump showing what they say is "missing" from the thread.

I haven't modified my vBulletin code at all, and I inserted the link not doing anything special, just used the link button.

I'm not sure what to do about this - since it's a code thing I would imagine. Danke.

This is the thread in question:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...sabbath-medley
    Joe Siegler - Webmaster
    Black Sabbath Online

I see all three items they claim are missing when I click the link. And since Google owns YouTube that's a really odd error. You (or someone) must have completed those fields in YouTube otherwise the information would not show. It also appears as though they have not yet validated the video so perhaps that's the issue.

Also, that video kicks ass. Yours?

Comment

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
      I see all three items they claim are missing when I click the link. And since Google owns YouTube that's a really odd error. You (or someone) must have completed those fields in YouTube otherwise the information would not show. It also appears as though they have not yet validated the video so perhaps that's the issue.

Also, that video kicks ass. Yours?
      No, the video is not mine. All I did was create a link in Youtube using all standard stuff. Didn't edit anything, video's not mine. I don't know how to fix that.
      Joe Siegler - Webmaster
      Black Sabbath Online

Comment

Embedded YouTube videos are in an iFrame. They aren't actually on your site. vBulletin just creates a frame to contain them. This is like a document within the document. Then when we show the user the "video" it is just an image thumbnail until they click on Play. Only at that time is the video retrieved from YouTube and played. At no time does vBulletin store the video on your site.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Embedded YouTube videos are in an iFrame. They aren't actually on your site. vBulletin just creates a frame to contain them. This is like a document within the document. Then when we show the user the "video" it is just an image thumbnail until they click on Play. Only at that time is the video retrieved from YouTube and played. At no time does vBulletin store the video on your site.
          I understand that, but since I haven't modified the vB code in any way, I don't know how to deal with the Google error.
          Joe Siegler - Webmaster
          Black Sabbath Online

Comment

The values have to be filled in on YouTube by the person that uploaded it.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment