Usergroup Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usergroup Members

As our members migrate from our old phpBB3 forum to our VB5 forum and join their chapters (groups), I'm finding that only 12 members show up, although the member count is much higher. How can our chapter directors (moderators) view the all of the members in their chapter (usergroup)?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	4434813
    Vote for Feature--> Member Lists in Groups

There is a member list in the group settings. Currently pagination is broken there but it is something being worked on currently.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Oooh ok. I found that I need to give the moderators more permissions to allow them to "Manage Group Members" to allow that, and I do see where the pagination is messed up.

I guess it would be nice to make that Members (##) section heading clickable so that anyone in that group can view everyone else in that group. I just seems odd that only the first 12 members show up, and the rest are a mystery. Maybe provide a link there that says "View All Members". That would allow anyone in the group to easily reach out to another member.

Comment

I agree - https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-20039

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thank you, Wayne, that looks great. Voted.

Comment

We're now finding this is a bigger issue for us than previously known. As our members from our old phpbb3 forum are getting registered on the new one and our chapters (social groups) are becoming populated, this is becoming a major issue for how our club functions. I assumed that even though only the first 12 members showed up on the group page, that the rest would show up in the "Manage Group Members" section so at least the chapter directors could have access to their roster. Now some of our chapters have 50+ people (and growing), only the first 20 are even visible to the directors. I believe that a fix to thTo add insult to injury, our administrators can't even access the social group member lists.

Because our forum is used to organize physical events on a regular basis its imperative that our chapter directors have access to their membership rosters. Right now our Chapter Directors (social group moderators) are completely in the dark as to what members are in their 'social groups'.

If I understand, https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...ssues/VBV-6838 should take care of part of this issue, but this is still much more than a little inconvenience for us.

When I was weighing software options, between updated phpbb3, xenforo, and VB5, these social groups seemed like they were going to be a perfect fit for our needs and was a big deciding factor for us.

Comment

The issue you've linked to is scheduled to be resolved in vBulletin 5.6.1.

Though, I am not sure why they need a complete list to create Event topics within the group.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Our club exists just as much in person as it does on a forum, if not more so. The club creates personal relationships among members based on the love for camping and our group events. Some of our members are 70+ years old, and might register on the forum but don't log on as much as they probably should. If a director sees that someone hasn't logged on in for a while they may want to reach out to keep that person informed via an email or private message, or honestly, to do a wellness check. Our forum is supposed to help our members keep connected, and these member lists are important to our directors and members.

Comment

Honestly, this is what we're looking for. I'm not a programmer but it seems like with all the JSON search criteria and whatnot, it doesn't seem that something like this should be asking too much, even if only our directors had access to.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	115.1 KB ID:	4435798

Comment

There is another issue for a public member list. https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-20039

The Search JSON is for content. We don't consider Users to be content and they aren't searched that way. I do agree that finding people on the site is more difficult than it needs to be now. However, we recently added search to the site member list so there may be a way to add the channel ID and sort by members in the future. That is what I am asking for above. Like everything importance is determined by the votes it gets. Each customer has different needs.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X