Topic icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topic icons

Hi. How I can change topic icons, for new thread, and unread threads? Thanks

You can choose between Avatars and Status Icons in the Options under Settings -> Options -> Channel Display Options.

To make changes other than that you would have to use CSS to hide the status icons and display the background of your choice. I don't know what the current specific CSS is off the top of my head.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      You can choose between Avatars and Status Icons in the Options under Settings -> Options -> Channel Display Options.

To make changes other than that you would have to use CSS to hide the status icons and display the background of your choice. I don't know what the current specific CSS is off the top of my head.

I have tried this, but seems to now work...

Code:

.vb-icon-topic-status { background-color: transparent; background-repeat: no-repeat; height: 18px; /* this is the height of default icons, remove it if the same */ width: 16px /* this is the width of default icons, remove it if the same */ } /* for hot unread topic */ .hot-unread .vb-icon-topic-status { background-image: url('/path/to/icon.png'); } /* for hot read topic */ .hot-read .vb-icon-topic-status { background-image: url('/path/to/icon.png'); } /* for read topic */ .read .vb-icon-topic-status { background-image: url('/path/to/icon.png'); } /* for closed topic */ .closed .vb-icon-topic-status { background-image: url('/path/to/icon.png'); } /* for deleted topic */ .deleted .vb-icon-topic-status { background-image: url('/path/to/icon.png'); } /* for unread topic where current user has posted to */ .posted .vb-icon-topic-status { background-image: url('/path/to/icon.png'); } /* for read topic where current user has posted to */ .posted.read .vb-icon-topic-status { background-image: url('/path/to/icon.png'); } /* for closed topic where current user has posted to */ .posted.closed .vb-icon-topic-status { background-image: url('/path/to/icon.png'); } /* for deleted topic where current user has posted to */ .posted.deleted .vb-icon-topic-status { background-image: url('/path/to/icon.png'); }

Comment

You need to change the paths in that code to the paths where you have uploaded your custom icons.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          You need to change the paths in that code to the paths where you have uploaded your custom icons.
          I did, but doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by Faustvasea97 View Post

I did, but doesn't work
            That doesn't tell us anything. We need detailed information. What happens, any errors in the browser console, etc.

It is possible though that that code is out of date, since the way those icons are generated changed a couple of versions back with the addition of the ability to switch to avatars.

Comment

That doesn't tell us anything. We need detailed information. What happens, any errors in the browser console, etc.

It is possible though that that code is out of date, since the way those icons are generated changed a couple of versions back with the addition of the ability to switch to avatars.
              Doesn't give any error. Example if I'm changing the read icons to the new one which I want them to appear. The current vbicon just dissappear and doesn't show the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Faustvasea97 View Post

Doesn't give any error. Example if I'm changing the read icons to the new one which I want them to appear. The current vbicon just dissappear and doesn't show the new one.
                In that case the CSS is probably correct but the image path will be wrong.

Comment

In that case the CSS is probably correct but the image path will be wrong.
                  Don't think so. I've tried the full url to the icon which did work on browser search, tried without url as well. Most likely that csss is out of date. Maybe you can tested...

Comment

That Custom CSS isn't something we actually provide customer support for. CSS Changes are done at your own risk and we cannot guarantee that code changes will continue working in future versions.

Paste your exact CSS into a post and maybe we can give some additional pointers. Right now, you're asking us to answer questions with only providing 10% of the question. That is impossible to do.

Wayne Luke

Comment

That Custom CSS isn't something we actually provide customer support for. CSS Changes are done at your own risk and we cannot guarantee that code changes will continue working in future versions.

Paste your exact CSS into a post and maybe we can give some additional pointers. Right now, you're asking us to answer questions with only providing 10% of the question. That is impossible to do.
                      Hi Wayne, this is is the CSS which I've tested and doesn't work

Code:

.vb-icon-topic-status {
                      background-color: transparent;
                      background-repeat: no-repeat;
                      height: 18px; /* this is the height of default icons, remove it if the same */
                      width: 16px /* this is the width of default icons, remove it if the same */
                      }

/* for hot unread topic */
                      .hot-unread .vb-icon-topic-status {
                      background-image: url('/path/to/icon.png');
                      }

/* for hot read topic */
                      .hot-read .vb-icon-topic-status {
                      }

/* for read topic */
                      .read .vb-icon-topic-status {
                      }

/* for closed topic */
                      .closed .vb-icon-topic-status {
                      }

/* for deleted topic */
                      .deleted .vb-icon-topic-status {
                      }

/* for unread topic where current user has posted to */
                      .posted .vb-icon-topic-status {
                      }

/* for read topic where current user has posted to */
                      .posted.read .vb-icon-topic-status {
                      }

/* for closed topic where current user has posted to */
                      .posted.closed .vb-icon-topic-status {
                      }

/* for deleted topic where current user has posted to */
                      .posted.deleted .vb-icon-topic-status {
                      }
                      I've tried couple of times, but looks that code isn't working, maybe because is out of date? Can't see other reasons

Comment

The code above will never work on your site. It is example code. Everywhere it says "path/to/icon.png" needs to be changed to be an actual path to the image file that you explicitly uploaded to your site.

Wayne Luke

Comment

The code above will never work on your site. It is example code. Everywhere it says "path/to/icon.png" needs to be changed to be an actual path to the image file that you explicitly uploaded to your site.
                          Yes I know, I replaces some of them, and as I said, images doesn't even appear. The url path was right, as I was checking them on browser...

Comment

perhaps it's a cache problem, no?
                            Clean browser and vb cache
                            https://poltriji.bzh

Comment

Originally posted by spacy View Post
                              perhaps it's a cache problem, no?
                              Clean browser and vb cache
                              Don't think so, as icon is totally disappearing which mean there is not cache problems,

Comment