Modules background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modules background

Hi again. Could I ask what template I need to edit to change modules background,(not header). And also same thing for the channel directory?

Thanks

You really shouldn't be editing templates at all. Doing so will cause problems when we provide new versions that update those templates.

To change the background of all modules, you can edit the Module group of style variables in the AdminCP.

For a specific module, you would modify the Module Background the exact same way you modified the Module Header Background in your previous topic. You need to create custom CSS that targets the specific CSS identifiers of that module.

What is the "Channel Directory?"
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      You really shouldn't be editing templates at all. Doing so will cause problems when we provide new versions that update those templates.

To change the background of all modules, you can edit the Module group of style variables in the AdminCP.

For a specific module, you would modify the Module Background the exact same way you modified the Module Header Background in your previous topic. You need to create custom CSS that targets the specific CSS identifiers of that module.

So what CSS should I use for it ? i mean not the header but the background

Comment

i found it out, but how i want the code to not be showed for page title module.

Comment

All page title modules?

Using the development tools in my browser, I see that the Page Title module has the calls page-title-widget available. By applying Custom CSS to this class and its children, I can control the way it looks when presented to the end user.

If I wanted to affect the page title module on a specific page, I would get the page's class from the body tag of the HTML code and use it to make my CSS more specific.

Spending a few hours with an online CSS class/tutorial can probably save you time in the long run.

Wayne Luke

Comment

What's teh code to change background colour to specific module. the one which I used is for all of them.

Comment

To apply code to a specific module, you would have to do exactly what you did in your previous topic.

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...-header-colour

The difference is you would apply your custom code to the module content classes, not the module header classes.

#widget_XXX .widget-content {whatever your css attributes are...}

Wayne Luke

Comment

To apply code to a specific module, you would have to do exactly what you did in your previous topic.

The difference is you would apply your custom code to the module content classes, not the module header classes.

Code:
                  #widget_66 .widget-content {
                border: 1px solid #CCD1D5;
                background: none 0 0,#F8F8F8;
                padding: 15px;
                margin: 0 0 16px 0;
                float: left;
                width: 100%;
                position: relative;
                min-height: 24px;
                height: auto;
                box-sizing: border-box;
                border-radius: 3px;
                }
                Is there anything wrongs as does not working

Comment

All works Wayne, Thanks

Comment

Sorry Wayne, once again. I have a small issue, the background does change colour but not fully background. I tried to put .canvas-layout-container .canvas-widget and does change everything. Is you are using in your forum same code as provided, same as in an other thread, you showed the pictures.

Comment

All good now, I've changed from stylevar the content background colour.

Comment