Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edit article comment as admin = missing security token warning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Edit article comment as admin = missing security token warning?

vBulletin Version

PHP Version

MySQL Version
    10.1.43-MariaDB

Any Addons installed
    Open Graph Meta Tags by vBMods - http://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin-...al-media-sites
    (Note that this happens with hooks/products/addons enabled or disabled)

Does the issue occur in a default style?
    Yup

Does the issue occur using the English language provided?
    Yes

Error message on the screen
    Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    Browser and Browser version used.
    Chrome 79 (default), Firefox, non-Chromium Edge, Chromium Edge

Did you clear the browser cache and did the error continue?
    Yes

A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue.
    See video:

In words:
    As an admin, I am unable to edit comments made specifically on CMS articles. I get taken to an error screen that provides me with the above quote. I am able to edit content literally everywhere else on the site (CMS articles themselves, forum posts, comments made on forum posts, topics, blogs, etcetcetc.).

This issue applies to ALL admins, not just me. I have a second admin account that experiences the same issue as shown in the video.

I made a test user, a regular registered user with regular permissions. This user can edit their own CMS article comments without issue.

This happens across four browsers, and in both my custom theme and the default theme. It happens with all hooks enabled/disabled.

I've looked through any place I figured permissions would be set incorrectly but it's entirely possible I overlooked something.

I'm not sure why there would be a security token issue just for admins but not regular users. I do have 2FA as an option enabled for admins, but I'm not sure if/how that would impact this.

Seems to be a bug in the software. I noticed it the other day but haven't had time to investigate the cause or when it started occurring. I suspect it is a Javascript issue but have not determined that. I had planned to log it in the tracker once I was able to determine that information. I don't have a fix at this time.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

That's somewhat of a relief, I think.

I don't often have to edit comments in CMS articles, but in those times that I did over the past few months I'd be reminded about the bug. "Oh yeah, I need to delete the comment and just enter in a new one." Then I'd spend far too long looking at various permissions trying to see any discrepancies.

I'm not sure what I can do to help, but if you need any additional information from me on this, besides what I put above, I'll be happy to try and help get you what info I can. I can also attempt to submit a bug report for this if wanted, unless it's already in the system.

Comment

Wrote up a bug here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-20023
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• Zips
          Zips commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome, thank you! I've given the issue an upvote.
      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X