Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User gets "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page" message instead of pm navigation menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Resolved] User gets "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page" message instead of pm navigation menu

Any idea on what could cause this? See attached image.

Only one user effected. User was a channel moderator. Was removed from that group.

All PM features work (like links to /privatemessage/new/0 and /privatemessage/list/#####/1)

But the only way I can get the "widget_privatemessage_navigation" template to render is to return the user to the channel moderator group.

This can occur if the user has an invalid node in the resulting menu. It reads the nodes for each of the counts. Clear the moderation and report queues. Does the user continue to have this problem?

See this reported issue: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-17504

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks. I seem to have 6 posts stuck in the queue. The AdminCP shows Posts to Moderate: 6, but I do not see these in Message Center -> Moderation .

I have not seen (screen or log) the Invalid Node error (nor has any member reported that).

Comment

Update. It looks like a spam thread was deleted, but never approved.

Would it be safe to manually update the effected nodes?

Code:
        update node set showapproved = 1 where nodeid in (773118, 773122, 773133, 773149, 773158, 773186)

Comment

Update. I tried the query. I tried restoring, approving, deleting the topic in question (with the 6 posts). I cleared cache between each action.

User still has the "not authorized" message.

Comment

Forgot to mention. If I restore the users account to the "Channel Moderator" usergroup, everything works as it should.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              This can occur if the user has an invalid node in the resulting menu. It reads the nodes for each of the counts.
              Can you tell me where in the code this happens? I would like to add some debug/logging and see if I can identify the bad node.

Comment

Honestly, if I knew where the error was being thrown from, I would have told you how to fix it. The easiest way to clear up the issue is with a super administrator clearing out the queues.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Ok. Thanks. I am the super admin. I did clear the queues. If I figure this out. I will post the solution.

Comment

Almost got it! You are spot on. As usual.

As you said, one (or more) nodes is bad mojo. I found that via the following steps:

Return the user to the Channel Moderator group (as subgroup) so that the menu would show.

Clicked each item in the side menu into a new tab.

Then removed member from Channel Moderator.

Refreshed each tab/page to see if the error message showed. Then each page (if pagination).

Found one page in the Following->Users->Page #2. See attached!

Return the user to the Channel Moderator group again, refreshed page #2 so I could get the links.

Removed member from Channel Moderator. And clicked each one.

Got one error for a link to /special/reports/#####-title-here

Even as the super admin I cannot view that link. It must have been deleted.

How to I remove an item from a users "Following->Users" list?

----------

Click image for larger version  Name:	messages-following-users.png Views:	0 Size:	69.0 KB ID:	4432547

Bad Link error...

Click image for larger version  Name:	badlink.png Views:	0 Size:	14.9 KB ID:	4432548
                    Last edited by raywjohnson; Tue 21 Jan '20, 10:35pm. Reason: Stoopid Typoos

Comment

Alrighty then!

Fixed!

I found an entry in the userlist table for the user who is having the problem, with the relationid matching the user whose thread was deleted.

Deleted the entry and that fixed it.

Many thanks for the help!

Comment