Cannot create Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot create Article

For some reason I cannot create an article, but I created one last month and to my knowledge no server or site updates have been done since I created the last article....it's weird

Here are the stats:

vBulletin Version
    5.5.4 Patch Level 2

PHP Version
    PHP Version 7.3.13

MySQL Version

Any Addons installed
    No

Does the issue occur in a default style?
    Yes

Does the issue occur using the English language provided?
    Yes

Error message on the screen'
    That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

Browser and Browser version used.
    Firefox 71.0

Did you clear the browser cache and did the error continue?
    Yes

A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue.
    Try to create a New Article

Does this issue happen when you click the button to add a new article or when you try to submit the article form?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I'm sorry for the delayed response, I just now found that you had replied.....I didn't get an email letting me know?

Anyway, it happens when I click the "New Article" button

Everything is basically default as far as Channel settings

I added an article in December so it was working and nothing has changed that I am aware of since that article was added.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is?

Comment

Originally posted by scoyote View Post
          Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is?
          It sounds like it might be your web browser blocking JS. Are you using an ad blocker or NoScript?

Comment

I never thought of that....but I suppose?
            I run Firefox Mozilla 72.01

I've run firefox for more years than I've had this program, and I looked but didn't see where to find a place to block Javascript or unblock it.

Not sure what NoScript is....if it's a program....no...not running it.

I use the PopUp blocker though.

I'll check through the options again and check the options in Avast and see if I can find anything.

Thanks for the help

Comment

I tried it with IE 11 and same thing.....

Comment

IE 11 hasn't been updated since 2013. It is out of date and should not be used. We have deprecated support for IE11 because it is so out of date. There are Javascript standards introduced in 2015 that we will be using in upcoming versions for security, performance, and enhanced functionality. These changes are not supported by IE11. There may have been a bug fix along the way that allowed some of these changes to slip in before 5.6.0 and rendered the problem in IE11.

Please use the new version of Microsoft Edge. It is a replacement for Internet Explorer and available on all platforms that supported IE11 plus Android, iOS, and MacOS. It can be downloaded here:
                https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Chromium based browsers should also work.

Does the New Article button with all extensions in Firefox disabled? I cannot recreate this problem in Chrome, Firefox, or Edge. I use uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, and HTTPSEverywhere in all three browsers. uBlock Origina and Privacy Badger will block fingerprint trackers and unwanted javascript.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Someone figured it out......

The last article that I added still had the HTML tags on it and when those head/body tags were removed the site "fixed itself" and works properly now.

I looked and looked but never found any documentation telling me NOT to add those tags.....but I could have missed it.

Thanks for the replies and the help....maybe this will help another person

Comment

There is no documentation because it is assumed that if you're using HTML that you know only one set of HTML, HEAD, and BODY tags are allowed per page. vBulletin already provides these so it works properly. There is a reason why we have HTML turned off by default. The feature is only there because of customer demand. We recommend not using it.

If you need to learn HTML basics, you can find tutorials at W3Schools and the Mozilla Developer Network. There are also many online classes teaching HTML basics available.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment