Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubts after updating to the latest version 5.5.6

I have just updated and the following questions arise:

1- In the process prior to starting the update, there were several 'problems' that I should understand ... When I started reading them, I realized that they were mostly icons and a scrapper that I programmed myself, I ignored everything and I gave him an update ... The process was apparently perfect, no visible fault; Should I worry about those previous 'problems'?

2- I find enough errors in the section of suspicious file versions, should I pay special attention or can I ignore it?

Click image for larger version  Name:	duda1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	135.8 KB ID:	4432063

3- Would anyone know how to tell me how I remove the news text from below? xD

Click image for larger version

Name:	duda3.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	4432066

4- In the administration panel it shows me that custom templates have not been updated ... Should I pay attention to this? The truth is that I do not find any visible error on the web but I am afraid that I should delete some files or do something ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	duda2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	27.8 KB ID:	4432065

Thank you very much for your time.
    Attached Files

1 ) The Suspect File Diagnostics is there to alert you to potential issues with the files. If you know the files and created them, then ignore the alerts on them. You can also look at the existing hash file in /core/includes, and create one for your "scrapper" in the same format. Ours is called md5_sums_vbulletin.php. You can call yours md5_sums_scrapper.php and place it in the same directory. vBulletin will read it when the Suspect File tool is used and make sure your custom files haven't been altered as well.

2) However, we constantly refactor code for a number of reasons including simplifying, performance, security, and fixing issues. This means files become obsolete. Obsolete files are deleted from the download package. Best practice is to delete them from your server as well. This will clear up the list of Suspect Files and you won't have to worry about them. An additional group of files is the Javascript Rollup files. These are replaced with every version (even if there are no changes) because they have an anti-cache mechanism built into their name. Old files should be deleted. They just waste storage.

3) Are your referring to the Breadcrumb? Best practice is to leave it. However you can use custom CSS to remove the display of the breadcrumb class.

4) The system in the AdminCP will tell you what lines the differences are on. You can accept them in the tool or revert your customizations. This tool is to tell you there have been changes in the default templates. It is up to you to decide whether to keep them or not.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      1 ) The Suspect File Diagnostics is there to alert you to potential issues with the files. If you know the files and created them, then ignore the alerts on them. You can also look at the existing hash file in /core/includes, and create one for your "scrapper" in the same format. Ours is called md5_sums_vbulletin.php. You can call yours md5_sums_scrapper.php and place it in the same directory. vBulletin will read it when the Suspect File tool is used and make sure your custom files haven't been altered as well.

2) However, we constantly refactor code for a number of reasons including simplifying, performance, security, and fixing issues. This means files become obsolete. Obsolete files are deleted from the download package. Best practice is to delete them from your server as well. This will clear up the list of Suspect Files and you won't have to worry about them. An additional group of files is the Javascript Rollup files. These are replaced with every version (even if there are no changes) because they have an anti-cache mechanism built into their name. Old files should be deleted. They just waste storage.

Ok, so ... should I delete all files marked as: File not recognized as part of the vBulletin? Or should I delete all the files that appear there?

Code:

The following checksum manifests were used in this scan: md5_sums_vbulletin.php
      Checksum file md5_sums_vbulletin.php is currently writable. Please ensure that this file is not writable by the webserver.
      7 Archivo escaneado ./
      .well-known Directory not recognized as part of vBulletin. Warning: Its contents were not scanned.
      _scrapper Directory not recognized as part of vBulletin. Warning: Its contents were not scanned.
      admincp Directory not recognized as part of vBulletin. Warning: Its contents were not scanned.
      cgi-bin Directory not recognized as part of vBulletin. Warning: Its contents were not scanned.
      error_log Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      favicon.ico El archivo no contiene el contenido esperado
      robots.txt Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      12 Archivo escaneado ./core
      error_log Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      19 Archivo escaneado ./core/clientscript
      vbulletin_ajax_userlist.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      vbulletin_list_filter.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      vbulletin_menu.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      vbulletin_quick_edit_visitormessage.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      13 Archivo escaneado ./core/images/misc
      facebook_login_long.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      46 Archivo escaneado ./core/images/smilies
      adora.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      aplauso.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      banana.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      ciao.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      dedos.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      dislike.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      eaea.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      facepalm.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      fiiiuu.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      flipando 2.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      flipando.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      golpe.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      lanzallamas.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      lengua.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      meparto.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      mira.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      mola.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      navidad.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      navidad2.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      nusenuse.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      número uno.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      ojooooo.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      palomitas.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      pesas.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      pirata.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      platanos.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      policía.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      reojo.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      roto2.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      roto2gay.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      roto2rie.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      sinfotos.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      uzi.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      vaca.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      73 Archivo escaneado ./core/includes
      .htaccess Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      adminfunctions_notice.php Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      class_apiclient.php Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      database_error_image.jpg Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      database_error_message.html Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      database_error_message_ajax.html Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      database_error_page.html Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      functions_bigthree.php Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      functions_newpost.php Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      functions_reputation.php Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      functions_video.php Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      web.config Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      3 Archivo escaneado ./core/libraries
      2 Archivo escaneado ./core/packages/googlelogin/xml
      vbulletin-custom-language-spanish1_googlelogin.xml Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      2 Archivo escaneado ./core/packages/nativo/xml
      vbulletin-custom-language-spanish1_nativo.xml Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      2 Archivo escaneado ./core/packages/twitterlogin/xml
      vbulletin-custom-language-spanish1_twitterlogin.xml Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      3 Archivo escaneado ./core/packages/viglink/xml
      vbulletin-custom-language-spanish1_viglink.xml Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      45 Archivo escaneado ./core/vb
      vurl Directory not recognized as part of vBulletin. Warning: Its contents were not scanned.
      vurl.php Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      4 Archivo escaneado ./core/vb5
      9 Archivo escaneado ./images/misc
      facebook_login_long.gif Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      2 Archivo escaneado ./includes
      108 Archivo escaneado ./js
      admin-sitebuilder-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      announcement-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      blog-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      channel-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      ckeditor-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      content-entry-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      conversation-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      file-upload-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      footer-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      fullcalendar-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      group-home-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      groupadmin-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      header-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      profile-custom-edit-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      profile-sidebar-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      search-rollup-554.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      6 Archivo escaneado ./js/blueimp
      jquery.iframe-transport.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      jquery.iframe-transport.min.js Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      3 Archivo escaneado ./js/ckeditor/plugins
      fakeobjects Directory not recognized as part of vBulletin. Warning: Its contents were not scanned.
      23 Archivo escaneado ./js/ckeditor/skins/moono
      dialog_opera.css Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      1 Archivo escaneado ./js/ckeplugins
      lineutils Directory not recognized as part of vBulletin. Warning: Its contents were not scanned.
      widget Directory not recognized as part of vBulletin. Warning: Its contents were not scanned.
      4 Archivo escaneado ./js/ckeplugins/image2/icons
      image.png Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      4 Archivo escaneado ./js/ckeplugins/image2/icons/hidpi
      image.png Archivo no reconocido como parte del vBulletin
      3) Are your referring to the Breadcrumb? Best practice is to leave it. However you can use custom CSS to remove the display of the breadcrumb class.

I refer to this text (blue text):

Click image for larger version  Name:	asdasdasdasd.JPG Views:	0 Size:	33.9 KB ID:	4432076

4) The system in the AdminCP will tell you what lines the differences are on. You can accept them in the tool or revert your customizations. This tool is to tell you there have been changes in the default templates. It is up to you to decide whether to keep them or not.

Ok, also when I click on the link to see the templates it takes me to a page that does not exist:

https://www.hispaddit.com/template.php?do=findupdates

Answered on the quote.

Comment

2) Well quite a few files are smilies. So it appears you have custom Smilies on the site. Deleting them will break those images.

error_log is caused by your PHP. I don't know what the contents are.
        favicon.ico is most likely custom.
        robots.txt is custom to your site.

Though many of those can be deleted.

3) Your first image has the breadcrumbs highlighted in yellow. This is one reason why images aren't a great conveyor of information. The Noticias you have highlighted now, is the module title. You can edit the module and hide the title.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

2) Well quite a few files are smilies. So it appears you have custom Smilies on the site. Deleting them will break those images.

error_log is caused by your PHP. I don't know what the contents are.
          favicon.ico is most likely custom.
          robots.txt is custom to your site.

Though many of those can be deleted.

3) Your first image has the breadcrumbs highlighted in yellow. This is one reason why images aren't a great conveyor of information. The Noticias you have highlighted now, is the module title. You can edit the module and hide the title.
          And that?

Ok, also when I click on the link to see the templates it takes me to a page that does not exist:

https://www.hispaddit.com/template.php?do=findupdates

3) I delete the title module and the text continues to appear...

Comment

I didn't say to delete any modules. I said to edit the module and set the "Show Title" option to No. Or maybe the exact text is "Hide Title" and you would set it to Yes. I don't have a Site Builder open in front of me at this exact moment. You're going to edit the main module on the Article page.

You can access the find updated templates tool in the left navigation of the AdminCP under Styles.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I didn't say to delete any modules. I said to edit the module and set the "Show Title" option to No. Or maybe the exact text is "Hide Title" and you would set it to Yes. I don't have a Site Builder open in front of me at this exact moment. You're going to edit the main module on the Article page.

You can access the find updated templates tool in the left navigation of the AdminCP under Styles.
              Well, I have already solved all errors of obsolete files and the title ...

I can only solve this; As much as I'm looking for I have no idea what I have to do...

Code:
              Custom Templates Not Updated Found!
              There are currently 1 custom template (s) that need to be updated or reversed. Some sections of vBulletin may not work if this is not done!

Comment

You would either click on the "Address" button or go to Styles -> Find Updated Templates. It will show you the template that wasn't merged. Then you can use the tools provided to look at the differences between your "Old" template and the "New" one and manually make those changes. Or you can revert your "Old" template so it inherits the new one automatically. Or you can ignore it if it isn't causing any problems.

My personal recommendation is to not edit the templates at all. Make your changes in Template Hooks, Phrases, CSS, and the Style Variables. However, that might not be practical.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by w4term4n View Post

Well, I have already solved all errors of obsolete files and the title ...

I can only solve this; As much as I'm looking for I have no idea what I have to do...

Code:
                  Custom Templates Not Updated Found!
                  There are currently 1 custom template (s) that need to be updated or reversed. Some sections of vBulletin may not work if this is not done!
                  Mine has the same thing only 8 templates. I suspect its leftovers from VB 4 in my case because clicking on the link shows no templates.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Peabody View Post

Mine has the same thing only 8 templates. I suspect its leftovers from VB 4 in my case because clicking on the link shows no templates.
                    You should delete your vBulletin 4.X styles. However, the basic templates would have been deleted already when the newer MASTER style was imported on upgrade. We shouldn't check templates that are completely custom to a style and not inherited from the MASTER style.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

You would either click on the "Address" button or go to Styles -> Find Updated Templates. It will show you the template that wasn't merged. Then you can use the tools provided to look at the differences between your "Old" template and the "New" one and manually make those changes. Or you can revert your "Old" template so it inherits the new one automatically. Or you can ignore it if it isn't causing any problems.

My personal recommendation is to not edit the templates at all. Make your changes in Template Hooks, Phrases, CSS, and the Style Variables. However, that might not be practical.
                      I see this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	192.9 KB ID:	4432166

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.6 KB ID:	4432168

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	157.2 KB ID:	4432173

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.4 KB ID:	4432178

Click image for larger version  Name:	5.JPG Views:	0 Size:	130.8 KB ID:	4432179
                      Attached Files

Comment

I don't read Spanish. However, with the highlight changes, it seems it is being triggered on whitespace changes. I would click the "Revert" link and continue on with my day. The message will go away and shouldn't occur in the future.

I think you're putting too much stress into the issue here.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I don't read Spanish. However, with the highlight changes, it seems it is being triggered on whitespace changes. I would click the "Revert" link and continue on with my day. The message will go away and shouldn't occur in the future.

I think you're putting too much stress into the issue here.
                          Ok thanks, you're right I get obsessed by myself...

Comment

You should delete your vBulletin 4.X styles. However, the basic templates would have been deleted already when the newer MASTER style was imported on upgrade. We shouldn't check templates that are completely custom to a style and not inherited from the MASTER style.
                            First thing I did was delete all the VB4 styles. Unfortunately I still get this in the control panel.

Name:	Firefox_Screenshot_2020-01-17T22-24-03.560Z.png
Views:	109
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	4432199

Name:	Firefox_Screenshot_2020-01-17T22-23-01.851Z.png
Views:	137
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	4432198

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              Wayne Luke commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Seems like a different issue. When you look at your styles, do you have any ad_* templates listed? What are their names?

Name:	Firefox_Screenshot_2020-01-17T22-49-20.419Z.png
Views:	127
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	4432206
                            Only ones I could see.
                            I've also tried rebuilding styles. I went into the database on my test forum and noticed the old VB4 mobile skins still in there, tried deleting those didn't work. The mobile skins were never listed in the Styles after upgrading which was strange.
                            It's not site breaking just annoying to get the message.

Comment