New page returns 403 error v5.5.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    If your user is a Super Administrator, you should still be able to edit the page. However, it you are seeing a forbidden error, you're not actually on that page to edit it. You've been redirected to an error page. What happens when you put the site into debug mode?
    What should I be looking for while in debug mode?

adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Accessing the page you can't access... It would be the only thing different. If it redirects to a 403, then you can't.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile

Comment

It does redirect to 403 even in debug mode. So this means the page is lost and different page needs to be created?

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Comment

At this time yes. I am not sure how you created a page that admins can't see. Pages don't have individual permission.s

Wayne Luke

Comment

• NumNum
            NumNum commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for clarifying.

As a point of origin. I created the page, I added two HTML modules, those two HTML modules had different securities for user groups. I then finished creating the page and saving it. It immediately went to a 403.

Comment

Originally posted by NumNum View Post
            As a point of origin. I created the page, I added two HTML modules, those two HTML modules had different securities for user groups. I then finished creating the page and saving it. It immediately went to a 403.
            Are those external? Maybe they conflict with your content-security-policy settings.

Comment

Yes and no. They are integrations to the vB platform, but reside in the forum directory where they have for about 5 years and worked completely fine. This is the reCAPTCHA project alternative. I needed to create a landing page for each one.

Comment

If you're using iFrames, you should go to Settings -> Options -> Cookie and HTTP Header Options. Change the Clickjacking setting to allow all frames. Does the problem continue?

Also remember that, at least with browser security, https://www.domainname.com and https://domainname.com are considered to be two different servers regardless of the final determination of the web server.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Good points, but no difference.

Comment