New page returns 403 error v5.5.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New page returns 403 error v5.5.5

I just created a new page in 5.5.5 and immediately returned a 403 forbidden when I saved it. I didn't find any other posts here with a search. What would cause this? I have full admin rights.
    adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Something in your .htaccess file or your .config file would be the usual cause.

Comment

I actually just created another successfully. The first one through an error I believe because I selected "show to specific usergroup" during the creation. So I need to either figure out how to get in and edit, or delete the new page. As the sole admin I should be able to do either, then again I should have permission to see th page. So at this point I have hit a wall, so to speak.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Comment

I tried to edit and comment on post #3 but the gui doesn't respond.

Comment

In fact none of the tools are responsive. (bug?)

Comment

Can you access and edit the page through the Page Manager in Site Builder?

Comment

I can see the page in the list, its url, but when I select it I get the 403 forbidden.

Comment

Originally posted by NumNum View Post
                I can see the page in the list, its url, but when I select it I get the 403 forbidden.
                Is it a URL you used previously? My understanding is there is currently an issue with reusing URLs. Once they have been used they become a permanent redirect and cannot be used again. I also understand the developers are working on that issue.

Comment

Its the url that is created when the page name is added. It is unique and I didn't get prompted it could not be used, nor is it visible in the pages list. I'd like to recover this new page if possible, than created another one.

Comment

403 is a server error meaning the server has refused an action due to no permission.
                    This is typically caused by triggering a rule within server security software, such as mod_security.

Your server logs may shed more light on what it is. If not, you can ask your host to identify the rule that's being triggered, and ask them to amend it.
                    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
                    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Is this rule unique to each web page?

Comment

Is this rule unique to each web page?
                        It's typically triggered by words rather than pages. It might, for example, not like one of the words in the page name, page url or page description.

Comment

Well the rest of the website works just fine, it’s just this one newly created page. Interestingly enough I created another separate new page afterwards and it works just fine.

Comment

Well the rest of the website works just fine, it’s just this one newly created page. Interestingly enough I created another separate new page afterwards and it works just fine.
                            Like I said though...

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                            It might, for example, not like one of the words in the page name, page url or page description.

Comment

In fact none of the tools are responsive. (bug?)
                              Site Builder doesn't work on small touch screens. This is a design issue, not a bug.

If your user is a Super Administrator, you should still be able to edit the page. However, it you are seeing a forbidden error, you're not actually on that page to edit it. You've been redirected to an error page. What happens when you put the site into debug mode?
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile

Comment