Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Site Builder] A problem with the installation vb5

Hello,

A short time ago I had a forum with the winboxphone.com, now this domain has not been renewed and I don't use it anymore,

I went to vbulletin official and in my customer area I changed the url from winboxphone.com to winboxphone.it

now I'm trying to install vbulletin 5.5.5 but it gives me an error as in the screenshot attached.

Click image for larger version  Name:	error vb.png Views:	0 Size:	199.4 KB ID:	4431844

i doubt about this

I noticed that in this guide
    Code:
    https://forum.vbulletin.com/blogs/alimadkour/3931877-
    it says to rename the config.php.bkp file in config.php and then open it and edit this string
    Code:
    $ config ['baseurl'] = 'http://www.yourdomain.com/folder';
    but when i rename the file and open it this string doesn't exist, maybe that's why it gives me url error, I don't know.

do you have any advice to give me?

That blog is out of date and you shouldn't have to edit anything in the /config.php.bkp file.

It cannot find your AdminCP. The most likely cause is one of the issues in this post: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...39#post4391639

After installing vBulletin 5, my site is unformatted
    This means that URL Rewriting is not working on your site. Possible causes include:
    • htaccess.txt has not been renamed to .htaccess (the leading period is important)
    • mod_rewrite is not installed for Apache 2.4
    • URL Rewrite is not installed for IIS 8.5+
    • The server configuration for NGINX has not been updated. See the file for your version of PHP within the do_not_upload folder.
    • AllowOverride is not allowed in the Apache configuration file.
    You hosting provider can help you get URL Rewrites working on your site.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hello Wayne,
      I just wrote to my hosting support at hostpoco.com

and I asked for information

in the meantime do you want to check my htaccess file?

i tried the installation again modifying this

Code:
      $config['Database']['tableprefix'] = 'vb_';
      but i always have the same problem

I attach my htaccess file

Thank you for your support.
      Attached Files

Comment

a greeting to all, I wanted to report the response of my hosting,
        Code:
        Hello,

Vbulletin is a common software installed on our servers. Please note that apache mod rewrite is enabled at our servers and ofcourse the ,htaccess file can be maintained. Please confirmt the error with vbulletin support to check on this ?
        I tried to modify the .htaccess file but without success, it always gives me the same error, I'm going crazy and i can't do the installation

do you have other tips to try? thank you

Comment

I have no idea on what you need to change in the .htaccess for your server. The .htaccess file provided above should be .htaccess and not htaccess.txt as stated in the installation instructions. The software will not work without that change. Other than that, it is default and has absolutely no edits made by you or your hosting provider to try and alleviate the described problem.

What is the exact URL where you're experiencing the problem?

What are the answers to the questions in the Sticky Thread, "Required information to obtain support?"

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            I have no idea on what you need to change in the .htaccess for your server. The .htaccess file provided above should be .htaccess and not htaccess.txt as stated in the installation instructions. The software will not work without that change. Other than that, it is default and has absolutely no edits made by you or your hosting provider to try and alleviate the described problem.

What is the exact URL where you're experiencing the problem?

What are the answers to the questions in the Sticky Thread, "Required information to obtain support?"
            Hello Wayne,
            yes the file is renamed.htaccess

in my host i use php version 7.4 and vbulletin is 5.5.6

I tried to install vbulletin again but I always get the same invalid_page_url error, i can't understand why.

my url is https://winboxphone.it

thanks for your patience

Comment

You get the invalid page URL because URL Rewrites are not working on your server. Only your hosting provider can resolve this issue. It requires changing the Server Configuration.

PHP and MYSQL are not the server. They are applications that run on top of the server. vBulletin is an APP that runs on top of PHP and MySQL. We have no access to your server configuration. I don't even know what webserver you're using. I assume Apache because the vast majority of web servers in the world use Apache. However, there are dozens of web server daemons out there. We provide support for three of them - Apache, NGINX, and IIS. Apache and NGINX can run on multiple Operating Systems. IIS can only run on Windows. Having vBulletin work properly relies on a properly configured server. Only your hosting provider can configure your server for you.

If they cannot configure the server to run vBulletin, we provide a hosting service of our own called vBulletin Cloud. We will make sure your installation takes less than a few minutes.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Ok wayne, i understand, thank you,
                I will report this to my hosting, if i can't solve it i will change the provider

Comment

Hello Wayne Luke just to let you know the answer from my hostpoco hosting

hello,

All modules needed for vbulletin install is already enabled in server.

https://winboxphone.it/info.php

The install url is not working, please upload and proceed with install and incase any further issue, please let us know so that we can follow install steps as you provide to replicate the error

now I have tried to do the installation again but do I always have the same problem
                  Could this error be a mystery?

I'm sorry because I have the vbulletin license and can't use it
                  Last edited by Roy57; Sun 26 Jan '20, 4:53am.

Comment

The link to info.php gives a system error and I cannot view the information there.

You should delete the video. It has enough information in it to allow someone to try and steal your vBulletin information.

The video doesn't provide me with any information to solve your issue. I have no idea "What URL is invalid." I still haven't received all the answers from the questions I have asked. Without access to the server, the issue cannot be resolved.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                      The link to info.php gives a system error and I cannot view the information there.

You should delete the video. It has enough information in it to allow someone to try and steal your vBulletin information.

The video doesn't provide me with any information to solve your issue. I have no idea "What URL is invalid." I still haven't received all the answers from the questions I have asked. Without access to the server, the issue cannot be resolved.
                      Hello,
                      the problem is that my hosting cannot access you because it uses the access not in ftp but in ssh with a private key to have on the pc.

however i can't solve, patience, I want to take vbulletin's license and throw it in the garbage bin.

good job

EDIT:
                      I tried to do the installation with an old version of vbulletin 5.5.0 and now it gives me this error

Code:
                      {"errors":[["unexpected_error","The requested language does not exist, reset via tools.php."]]}
                      I opened the tools but when I go to a section to reset it always tells me this message

Code:
                      Importing vbulletin-settings.xmlThe requested language does not exist, reset via tools.php.
                      Last edited by Roy57; Fri 31 Jan '20, 4:21am.

Comment

vBulletin 5.5.0 is not compatible with PHP 7.4. We do not work on version compatibility until a beta build of PHP is released. This happens in the summer between June and July. vBulletin 5.5.0 was released in January 2019.

The only version that will work with PHP 7.4 is vBulletin 5.5.6. Using versions prior to this can cause code to fail and return errors that aren't actually there. Even with 5.5.6, there are several issues that can cause concern and may be confused as errors. Especially when included in JSON strings because display_errors if not turned off in PHP. Personally, I recommend using PHP 7.3 until vBulletin 5.6.0 is released.

Installing vBulletin 5.5.6 with PHP 7.3 will provide the best server compatibility at this time. Most hosting providers make multiple versions of PHP available. If this is a dedicated shard, then you should also be able to install PHP 7.3.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment