Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Install 5.5.6 failing at Step 3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Install 5.5.6 failing at Step 3

    Trying to install to a new server (moving from one server to another), and I am having problems with the install failing at step 3. Here is what the Install Progress states:


    Install Progress
    • Installing
    • Step 1 - Removing loginlibrary table
    • Removing page table
    • Removing pagetemplate table
    • Removing routenew table
    • Removing screenlayout table
    • Removing sessionauth table
    • Removing sigpic table
    • Removing sigpicnew table
    • Removing site table
    • Removing stats table
    • Removing strikes table
    • Removing style table
    • Removing stylevar table
    • Removing stylevardfn table
    • Removing subscribediscussion table
    • Removing subscribeevent table
    • Removing subscription table
    • Removing subscriptionlog table
    • Removing subscriptionpermission table
    • Removing tag table
    • Removing tagnode table
    • Removing tagsearch table
    • Removing template table
    • Removing templatehistory table
    • Removing templatemerge table
    • Removing text table
    • Removing trending table
    • Removing upgradelog table
    • Removing user table
    • Removing useractivation table
    • Removing userauth table
    • Removing userban table
    • Removing userchangelog table
    • Removing userfield table
    • Removing usergroup table
    • Removing usergroupleader table
    • Removing usergrouprequest table
    • Removing userlist table
    • Removing userloginmfa table
    • Removing usernote table
    • Removing userpromotion table
    • Removing userstylevar table
    • Removing usertextfield table
    • Removing usertitle table
    • Removing widget table
    • Removing widgetchannelconfig table
    • Removing widgetdefinition table
    • Removing widgetinstance table
    • Removing widgetuserconfig table
    • Removing words table
    • Connection successful
    • Step 2 - Skipping step, not needed
    • Step 3 - Unexpected Text:
      <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"><head> <title>500 &mdash; Internal Sever Error</title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/> <meta name="description" content="Sorry, something went wrong. Internal Server Error"/> <style type="text/css"> body {font-size:14px; color:#777777; font-family:arial; text-align:center;} h1 {font-size:180px; color:#99A7AF; margin: 70px 0 0 0;} h2 {color: #DE6C5D; font-family: arial; font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: -1px; margin: -3px 0 39px;} p {width:320px; text-align:center; margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto; margin-top: 30px } div {width:320px; text-align:center; margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;} a:link {color: #34536A;} a:visited {color: #34536A;} a:active {color: #34536A;} a:hover {color: #34536A;} </style> </head>

    What is Step 3 trying to accomplish? It appears to hang here for about 2 minutes before I get this. Is there a log I can look at to figure out the issue? Thank you.

  • #2
    Is this an install or an upgrade?

    A fresh install wouldn't be removing old tables.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

    TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      Is this an install or an upgrade?

      A fresh install wouldn't be removing old tables.
      This is a fresh install (I have tried multiple times to install, so the table removal is from the other failed installs).

      Comment


      • #4
        Your server is returning a 500 server error. Often this means that there is a PHP error on modern servers.

        Please make sure your server meets all the minimum requirements listed here: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...m-requirements

        Your hosting provider can help you install missing requirements.
        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Is there a support queue that I can speak to someone about just taking care of this for me. My current server is bleeding me out money and business, and I am getting emails asking if it has all gone away, but I am not able to respond.... this is so frustrating for me. I just want this to work and work well. I am willing to pay for support to get this done and provide all of the necessary access to move my installation from one server to another and then just get it up and working.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
            Is there a support queue that I can speak to someone about just taking care of this for me. My current server is bleeding me out money and business, and I am getting emails asking if it has all gone away, but I am not able to respond.... this is so frustrating for me. I just want this to work and work well. I am willing to pay for support to get this done and provide all of the necessary access to move my installation from one server to another and then just get it up and working.
            We can only provide support for the vBulletin software. We don't provide server support, which is what is needed here (as per Wayne's post).

            The best people to help with the points Wayne raises are your hosts or server administrator.

            The first step is to view the minimum requirements Wayne linked to: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...m-requirements
            You can send these to your host and ask them to check that everything vBulletin needs is accounted for.

            Once that's done, if there is still an error, the hosts can find out what that error is - this is because the error 500 you are getting simply means "generic server error". More precise details of what the error is will be in the server logs, and only your host can access those (assuming you yourself can't or don't know how to).

            Once you have that detailed error, you can post it back here and it may shed some light on what is happening so we can point you in the right direction (for example, the error might show that a required server component isn't functioning).

            Every server is different, and the people who know your server's configuration better than anyone, is your host. We can suggest stuff, but without those logs we are genuinely just making guesses as to what the problem might be.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

            TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

              We can only provide support for the vBulletin software. We don't provide server support, which is what is needed here (as per Wayne's post).

              The best people to help with the points Wayne raises are your hosts or server administrator.

              The first step is to view the minimum requirements Wayne linked to: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...m-requirements
              You can send these to your host and ask them to check that everything vBulletin needs is accounted for.

              Once that's done, if there is still an error, the hosts can find out what that error is - this is because the error 500 you are getting simply means "generic server error". More precise details of what the error is will be in the server logs, and only your host can access those (assuming you yourself can't or don't know how to).

              Once you have that detailed error, you can post it back here and it may shed some light on what is happening so we can point you in the right direction (for example, the error might show that a required server component isn't functioning).

              Every server is different, and the people who know your server's configuration better than anyone, is your host. We can suggest stuff, but without those logs we are genuinely just making guesses as to what the problem might be.
              Yes.... sorry, I tagged onto an old thread of mine. I got that part figured out, but I am having another problem. I have been using vBulletin since about v3.5, and that worked quite well for me for many years, and then the service/server got hacked where it was. The problem is my vBulletin install was used by thousands of users in the slot car industry (A hobbyist forum, known around the world). My hosting company at the time, was great, but then got bought out by another company with less than stellar support. The first company was able to get everything loaded and installed back online and update vBulletin to the latest (at the time version), but then another problem happened, and I have been without vBulletin for a year, bleeding money out just trying to get it back up. I am seeking some help, I will gladly pay for it, to access my old server, grab the necessary data, go to my new server and transfer the vBulletin install to there. I am just frustrated by this and just trying to get back up and online.

              Comment


              • #8
                Step 3 actually creates the database. Without knowing what the 500 server error is, we have no way to knowing how you should proceed. This is why you need to obtain that error from your server's error logs. Your hosting company should be able to assist with that.

                If I were to guess what the error is, it would be that you have a security rule that prevents fast access to the site via the web. This will cause problems with installing and upgrading vBulletin. You should exempt /core/install in your vBulletin directory from this protection. However, this is only a guess.

                If you want a hands off hosting experience with vBulletin, we offer the vBulletin Cloud service.

                If you want us to install the software, you can purchase a professional installation as an addon to your license.
                Translations provided by Google.

                Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                Comment

                Related Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X