Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace speech bubble/message icon in user profile box

Perhaps something that i need to submit as a feature request

A few users testing our site have commented on vB messenger use is not obvious, a great feature and well used, but not obvious and while crolling down the page the notification area dissapears

Is there any extremely easy change that can be done for me to add a big IM USER button above the Share to buttons to make at least initiating user IM (they can ses green online indicator)

Would be great to have a flashing "message" icon like the online one however I understand thats a much bigger deal.

Nothing broken, just trying to make it easier for the suers, when screen sizes shrink on web client, the button and notfiication area become even harder

John
    Thanks In Advance

John

You can replace this by customizing the CSS in your css_additional.css template to change the behavior, space allowed and background image of the b-icon__pm class. The image is actually a background image. However be aware, the icon is used in multiple locations and other locations may not work well with larger background image.

If you really want it with the "share" buttons, this would require a custom addon that ties into the sharing hooks at that location.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Cheers for the clues Wayne, I will have a look see. One to work on in a free evening i think. Will look at how the share buttons work first.
      Thanks In Advance

John

Comment