X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• editor problem in new vbulletin version : 5.5.6

dear friend,
    i update my vbulletion to 5.5.6
    now i have a serious problem with new editor.
    when i'm typing text in editor and want to switch to another language by SHIFT+ALT, it will select all written text in editor , so if i was not paying attention, i replace all new text to the old text (written in last language).
    please guide me to solve the problem bec it's really annoying.
    Last edited by habili; Sat 11 Jan '20, 4:14am.

Shift-Alt could trigger hotkeys in your browser. We actually do not use any hotkeys in the vBulletin 5 editor because it is very difficult to find open slots that work across browser. What is the exact key combination you're using because I can't recreate this issue with the limited information provided.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

for switching language from Arabic to English or any other language , when i click on ALT+Shift it will select on written text in editor.
      problem exists even in your editor in your forum (forum.vbulletin.com) . you can test it , type a word in your editor then click ALt+Shift , you can see it selects all text in editor.
      in previous version, there was not such problem, i mean in 5.5.5
      i face with this problem just after upgrade to 5.5.6
      please solve it , it's really annoying

Comment

I tried to recreate it in my post above. When I press ALT-Shift on my computer absolutely nothing happens in the editor.

Wayne Luke

Comment

you test it in windows os? i found that there is no problem in windows. but my os is linux (Ubuntu) and in linux your editor in version 5.5.6 has above problem.

i have another vbulletin in version 5.5.5 but i don't have such problem. and everything is ok with 5.5.5

Comment

• elektro-kot
            elektro-kot commented
            Editing a comment
            I use Debian linux on my server, there is no problem above, everything works fine.

Don't have access to Linux. OS shouldn't really matter though. This seems like an OS issue that is being passed to the editor. We cannot fix an OS.

Wayne Luke

Comment