Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

error try to upgrade my test foru from 5.5.5 to 5.5.6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error try to upgrade my test foru from 5.5.5 to 5.5.6?

hi try to upgrade my test forum get some error

can you explain how to fix this error plea
    thanks
    Notice: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/clients/21143e8b83f7568da4039b68d3d6faa4/prova/includes/vb5/frontend/routing.php on line 78
    Warning: Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/clients/21143e8b83f7568da4039b68d3d6faa4/prova/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 23 Warning: Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/clients/21143e8b83f7568da4039b68d3d6faa4/prova/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 23 Warning: Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/clients/21143e8b83f7568da4039b68d3d6faa4/prova/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 23 Warning: Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/clients/21143e8b83f7568da4039b68d3d6faa4/prova/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 23 Warning: Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/clients/21143e8b83f7568da4039b68d3d6faa4/prova/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 23 Warning: Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/clients/21143e8b83f7568da4039b68d3d6faa4/prova/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 23 Warning: Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/clients/21143e8b83f7568da4039b68d3d6faa4/prova/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 23 Warning: Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/clients/21143e8b83f7568da4039b68d3d6faa4/prova/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 23 Warning: Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/clients/21143e8b83f7568da4039b68d3d6faa4/prova/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 23
    voyger.: In Almighty God I trust, everyone else has to provide evidence."

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

None of those are actual errors. If you are seeing this output while running the software, please make sure that display_errors is turned off on production sites.

The first one is something we might have to look at.

The rest are from the parsing of your specific templates. Do the issue occur in a default style without template modifications?

What version of PHP are you using?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I am using the default style non teplate modification using PHP 7.3
      can't enter the CPanel

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

Hmmm, the offset Curly Brace code was not deprecated until PHP 7.4. Can you verify that PHP version again?

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecate_c...s_array_access

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

The 'title' issue is a bit broad for a quick search to determine which templates are causing the issue.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Hmmm, the offset Curly Brace code was not deprecated until PHP 7.4. Can you verify that PHP version again?

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecate_c...s_array_access
          yes my test forum is on PHP 7.4
          is there any way to fix this or I have to wait next VB update

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

Turning off error display should resolve the visible issues.

For the braces, you can try fixing the issue if you wish...

Open includes/vb5/frontend/routing.php and find line 78. It should look like this: if (strlen($path) AND $path{0} == '/').
            Change it to: if (strlen($path) AND $path[0] == '/').

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

hi wayne I am sorry tho bother you again need to pick you brain again
              fix one error cannot fix this error can you tell us what to do with this error line
              thanks for your patient
              Warning: Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/clients/21143e8b83f7568da4039b68d3d6faa4/prova/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 23

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

That one is coming from a template and I have absolutely no way to determine which template from the messages provided. The best way to resolve this at this time is to turn Display Errors off and turn off Debug Mode in vBulletin. Then they should not be output to the browser.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

how I turn Display Errors off and turn off Debug Mode in vBulletin

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

turned debug mode off on core/include/config.php still get the same error
                    as my test forum is on PHP 7.4 if I take buck to PHP 7.3 will resolve this error problem ?

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

The steps to turn off debug mode in vBulletin are the opposite of turning it on. https://www.vbulletin.com/go/vb5debug

What is the display_error value in your php.ini file? It should be 0.

These notices shouldn't cause problems on your site. However, sometimes when shown, they can break Javascript and HTML. Setting the above value to "0" will prevent them from being sent to the browser. They will still be logged in the PHP error log. This is the only way to solve the issue right now. I hate to sound like a broken record but changing the code really isn't something we do in Support.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

hi VB team
                        still got problem update my test forum from 5.5.5 to 5.5.6
                        got MySQL 5.7 PHP7.4

when try to upgrade get long list of error to be delete can you pleas tell us witch i have to delete before i get in to trouble

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG2.PNG
Views:	109
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	4434903

thanks

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

You shouldn't have to delete anything. You would only see the above screen if you run install.php on an existing database. You should be running upgrade.php. The screen before this provides a link to switch to upgrade.php.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

thanks wayne
                            now get this error
                            Warning: file_get_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in .../install/makeconfig.php on line 271 Error - Could not open backend config file.

on line 71got this
                            Code:
                            $configContent = file_get_contents($componentInfo['source']);
                            Code:

what should change false or true ?
                            thanks again for the patience

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment