Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User inserted images not viewable as a guest, but shows as attachments

Hello all,

So this would usually be a very easy fix by making sure that the image/attachment viewing & downloading permissions are correctly set up. However I am stumped.

I have a thread here: https://extremehw.net/articles/3525-...d-tower-review

As a guest a user the inserted images on the thread do not show up and instead show up as
    {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tInWin_Alice_Marketing.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t114.4 KB ID:\t3138","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3138","data-size":"full"}
    BUT as a guest user you can see the attached files to the thread. You can see this by scrolling to the bottom. As the images are attached are the ones inserted to the thread I would expect them to display. I have cross checked the permissions from my other usergroups that can see all images fine, with my Guest usergroup and everything tallies up so far as I can see. I have checked both the Channel Usergroup specific permissions as well as the Usergroup permissions. I am stumped.

Are others having this issue ?

I am on VB 5.5.5, PHP version 7.2.26. Unsure if it matters but my VPS is hosted by GoDaddy.

I have a developer who has stated that he has had complaints like this from other VB users and seems to think it is an issue with VB.

Many thanks.
    P

Do your guests have the proper "Can Download Image Attachment" permissions?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Do your guests have the proper "Can Download Image Attachment" permissions?
      Hello Wayne,

Thanks for the reply. Yes correct, that was one of my first port of calls was to ensure that was enabled for guests. I double and triple checked the permissions as I thought I was losing my mind but everything seems correct. Other usergroups can see images just fine using the same permissions as my Guest account, but the Guest usergroup just will not show images.

Thanks,
      P

Comment

Can you edit the topic and set "Publish" to Yes in the options? Does the problem continue after that change?

If you have public preview set to yes, this overrides the Publish status for some reason and allows guests to view unpublished articles. There is an open issue for this bug.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Can you edit the topic and set "Publish" to Yes in the options? Does the problem continue after that change?

If you have public preview set to yes, this overrides the Publish status for some reason and allows guests to view unpublished articles. There is an open issue for this bug.
          Thanks for the idea, that did spark a memory of having to do that to get the images to show, alas this time round it does not seem to have made a any difference sadly. Any other suggestions ?

As for the Bug, whereby unpublished articles can be seen by logged out users, glad this had been logged as I thought it was an odd behavior.

Thanks,
          P

Comment