X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] make some vbulletin pages and links as NoFollow and NoIndex

hello dear friends
    I have some questions about "NoFollow and NoIndex" on vbulletin

first, how to disable "Private message" on Member List Page, so that users cant send message to other member on this page?

if I can't disable it, so how can I make it("Private message") as "nofollow" it and it's contents?

generally how can I make memberlist page as "noindex" so that GOOGLE cant index it?

second, how can I make member page (users profile page) as "NOINDEX" ?

Ans third, I noticed that all words in "Tags" part at the end of each post, are FOLLOW, but when I checked the source of page, I found that their contents are noindex. but why words are follow meanwile their contents are noindex. how can I make words in Tags as NoFollow?

You can exclude pages from your XML Sitemap in the AdminCP under XML Sitemap -> Manage Content Priority. Choose pages instead of channels.

The link you're discussing is going away in the 5.6.0 - https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19862
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

i did what you (exclude memberlist) said but still no effect and when i check "memberlist" source page it doesn't have any noindex or nofollow for memberlist page link. "rel=canonical"
      how can i delet priv message from memberlist page view?!

Comment

Originally posted by habili View Post
        i did what you (exclude memberlist) said but still no effect and when i check "memberlist" source page it doesn't have any noindex or nofollow for memberlist page link. "rel=canonical"
        It doesn't matter what it says on the page. Search engines will read your XML Sitemap and skip it. If they decide to follow the rules. Many don't care even if you have the noindex/nofollow on the page.

how can i delet priv message from memberlist page view?!
        You would have to edit the templates. I don't know offhand which templates or what code to change. You would have to figure that out. Or you can wait until 5.6.0 is released and it is removed from all sites because it isn't needed anymore. Since the templates are changing with the release of 5.6.0, I don't have the time or resources to figure out what to change and how to change it right now.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment