this Error:

Action Required
    Unexpected Text:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    Script: final
    Step: 22
    help me please
    best regard.
    Last edited by ahamd; Thu 9 Jan '20, 12:03am.

this Error is Finished, becouse in start Upgrade show this Error:
    Startup Warnings
    It is advisable to resolve the following issues prior to continuing with the install. To check that the issues have been resolved, hit "refresh". To continue without resolving the issues, hit "confirm":
    Checksum file md5_sums_vbulletin.php is currently writable. Please ensure that this file is not writable by the webserver.
    Following is a list of files that are either missing or contain unexpected contents. The most likely cause is that all of the files from this release have not been properly uploaded. You should resolve this error before continuing.
    /error_log - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /favicon.ico - File does not contain expected contents
    /google72034e60dcd23184.html - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /tmp - Directory not recognized as part of vBulletin. Warning: Its contents were not scanned.
    /core/customavatars/avatar111_2.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/avatar129_2.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/avatar148_1.gif - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/avatar178_1.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/avatar198_2.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/avatar237_1.jpg - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/avatar373_1.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/avatar3_4.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/avatar463_1.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/avatar961_1.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/thumbs/avatar111_2.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/thumbs/avatar129_2.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/thumbs/avatar148_1.gif - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/thumbs/avatar178_1.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/thumbs/avatar198_2.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/thumbs/avatar237_1.jpg - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/thumbs/avatar373_1.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/thumbs/avatar3_4.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/thumbs/avatar463_1.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    /core/customavatars/thumbs/avatar961_1.png - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    and deleted these files and start upgrade again, now sucsfully

Comment

The two are unrelated.

The first was most likely a timeout on the first attempt. Since it was partially completed, it finished on the second attempt.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

thank you Wayne,
        now, Error in favicon.ico:
        File does not contain expected contents

Comment

Did you change your favicon from the default? If so then it won't contain the expected contents.

That isn't an error. It is a warning to be suspicious of your favicon.ico file. If it is the file you created, then you don't have to worry about it.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            Did you change your favicon from the default? If so then it won't contain the expected contents.

That isn't an error. It is a warning to be suspicious of your favicon.ico file. If it is the file you created, then you don't have to worry about it.
            I take this post to ask a silly question ... If I update my 5.5.4 to 5.5.6 and to future versions all the translations that I have done / adapted are kept or on the contrary I have to translate everything again? I need to make sure about this ... xD
            Last edited by w4term4n; Fri 10 Jan '20, 1:18pm.

Comment

i crteated my Icon, and its'nt show!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                Wayne Luke commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you delete your created icon because it showed up in the list?

You blindly deleted a bunch of files according to your first post.

What is the downside in just leaving all those "old" files and folders intact? That is a lot of work going through and deleting them.

I did notice that the files to be deleted were all ones that were NOT updated by the new 5.5.6 install, but I was afraid to just go down the line and delete all files with an old date, so went through painstakingly and it took some time.

Comment

thank you for all, this Error is fineshd now.

thtank you again

Comment

Originally posted by MDawg View Post
                  What is the downside in just leaving all those "old" files and folders intact? That is a lot of work going through and deleting them.

I did notice that the files to be deleted were all ones that were NOT updated by the new 5.5.6 install, but I was afraid to just go down the line and delete all files with an old date, so went through painstakingly and it took some time.
                  1. If the file is a class name, then it can cause problems in the future. vBulletin 5 uses an "Autoloader" and a specific naming scheme to tell the autoloader where to find the files. This is very common with modern vBulletin programming. For instance, a class with the name of vB_Api_User tells the system that the code is located in /core/vb/api/user.php.
                  2. Files in some directories extend base classes and are loaded as needed through the autoloader. These may be removed or changed over time.
                  3. The biggest issue is with obsolete files that could be used to potentially exploit your system through commands that shouldn't be possible.

Most of the files listed are old vBulletin 4 files that create obstacles to clean code refactors or are no longer needed. Best practice is to remove this code.
                  Others like Javascript roll up files are replaced with newer versions each release because they are created on the fly. These just take up space for the most part.

Wayne Luke

Comment

1. If the file is a class name, then it can cause problems in the future. vBulletin 5 uses an "Autoloader" and a specific naming scheme to tell the autoloader where to find the files. This is very common with modern vBulletin programming. For instance, a class with the name of vB_Api_User tells the system that the code is located in /core/vb/api/user.php.
                    2. Files in some directories extend base classes and are loaded as needed through the autoloader. These may be removed or changed over time.
                    3. The biggest issue is with obsolete files that could be used to potentially exploit your system through commands that shouldn't be possible.

Most of the files listed are old vBulletin 4 files that create obstacles to clean code refactors or are no longer needed. Best practice is to remove this code.
                    Others like Javascript roll up files are replaced with newer versions each release because they are created on the fly. These just take up space for the most part.
                    I take this post to ask a silly question ... If I update my 5.5.4 to 5.5.6 and to future versions all the translations that I have done / adapted are kept or on the contrary I have to translate everything again? I need to make sure about this ... xD

Comment

Originally posted by w4term4n View Post

Your custom languages should be retained, though any new phrases will obviously need translating.

As ever though, you should ALWAYS take a full database backup before upgrading.
                      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

Your custom languages should be retained, though any new phrases will obviously need translating.

As ever though, you should ALWAYS take a full database backup before upgrading.
                        Perfect, thank you.

Comment