Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pages and google search

Hello,

I heard that If setup a new page it won't be added to sitemap and not serached through google

is that right?

If so, What if I want to setup many pages with its own html and css separate from articles and vbulletin, Is there anyway to add them to sitemap or how can they show on google?

Thanx

For the most part, what is included in the vBulletin XML Sitemap is completely under your personal control. How often the sitemap is built is under your control. When it is submitted to Google is under your control. Though some pages are always excluded. These are search results, the registration page, and a few others that should not be in the search index.

- The XML Sitemap is rebuilt on the time period specified in the Settings under Settings -> Options -> XML Sitemap Options. I believe the default is 14 days. Custom pages are added to the sitemap when it is rebuilt unless you specifically mark them as Exclude in the Content Priority under XML Sitemap -> Manage Content Priority in the AdminCP.

- You can also manually rebuild the XML Sitemap under XML Sitemap -> Rebuild Sitemap.

- Finally, you can wait for Google to reindex your site (which depends on how important Google thinks your site is) or submit the new XML Sitemap using Google's Webmaster Tools.

There is no way to automatically add pages from outside vBulletin to the XML Sitemap generated by vBulletin. If you want pages automatically added, then use custom pages in vBulletin, rebuild your sitemap and manually submit it to Google.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      For the most part, what is included in the vBulletin XML Sitemap is completely under your personal control. How often the sitemap is built is under your control. When it is submitted to Google is under your control. Though some pages are always excluded. These are search results, the registration page, and a few others that should not be in the search index.

- The XML Sitemap is rebuilt on the time period specified in the Settings under Settings -> Options -> XML Sitemap Options. I believe the default is 14 days. Custom pages are added to the sitemap when it is rebuilt unless you specifically mark them as Exclude in the Content Priority under XML Sitemap -> Manage Content Priority in the AdminCP.

- You can also manually rebuild the XML Sitemap under XML Sitemap -> Rebuild Sitemap.

- Finally, you can wait for Google to reindex your site (which depends on how important Google thinks your site is) or submit the new XML Sitemap using Google's Webmaster Tools.

There is no way to automatically add pages from outside vBulletin to the XML Sitemap generated by vBulletin. If you want pages automatically added, then use custom pages in vBulletin, rebuild your sitemap and manually submit it to Google.
      I am rebuilding it automatically every 3 days. I am not sure what do you mean by Custom Pages, well, I use Site Builder choosing New Page and I rename it with adding meta. I use html module to change the appearance of the page and add tables or any other criteria. Is that considered Custom Pages withing Vbulletin?

Here is an example, of a new created page (nt) How can I see in Priority?
      www.xxxx.org/vb/nt
      When I go to Admin CP to control Site map Priority of the pages and forums, I don't find the new created pages.

Thanx
      Last edited by Blackhorse; Wed 23 Sep '20, 6:15am.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhorse View Post
        I am not sure what do you mean by Custom Pages, well, I use Site Builder choosing New Page and I rename it with adding meta. I use html module to change the appearance of the page and add tables or any other criteria. Is that considered Custom Pages withing Vbulletin?
        This would be considered a custom page.

When you go to Manage Content Priority, do you change the drop down from Channel to Page? There are two different categories of priority. Your custom pages should be in the list of Pages. You really only need to change this if you want to exclude pages from the sitemap though. If you don't change anything new pages get a priority of 0.5. Priority has been abused so much in the past that it really doesn't matter if you assign it a 0.1 or 1.0 priority these days.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

This would be considered a custom page.

When you go to Manage Content Priority, do you change the drop down from Channel to Page? There are two different categories of priority. Your custom pages should be in the list of Pages. You really only need to change this if you want to exclude pages from the sitemap though. If you don't change anything new pages get a priority of 0.5. Priority has been abused so much in the past that it really doesn't matter if you assign it a 0.1 or 1.0 priority these days.
          Great,

Yes Wayne,

I change it to page and the only pages i get are those in the sceenshot:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	xml.png
Views:	147
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	4430303

The new created pages not appearing

Comment

Hello,

i would like to reopen this topic, Why are the new created pages not appearing?

If I create 20 new pages, why are not added automatically in Page Priority Manager?

How can I add them?

Comment

Seems like a bug. Though, I can't seem to recreate it. I am using 5.6.4 Alpha 4 on my test server today. However, there hasn't been any work on this area recently.

Are they included in the /core/store_sitemap/vbulletin_sitemap_page_X.xml.gz files?

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Seems like a bug. Though, I can't seem to recreate it. I am using 5.6.4 Alpha 4 on my test server today. However, there hasn't been any work on this area recently.

Are they included in the /core/store_sitemap/vbulletin_sitemap_page_X.xml.gz files?
                Hello Wayne,

some of them included yes, but not all, I had to search the file to get some of them.

it really doesn't matter if you assign it a 0.1 or 1.0 priority these days.
                You are right, I really get tired of that, 0.1 and 0.5 , 0.4 appears in the big google showcase of the forum, the most important (the real 90% heavy content) with 1 , 0.9 don't appear!!, I reall get tired for one year now to change this !!

Comment