Module issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Module issue?

Well I tried adding a Static HTML module to my forum home page and now since I am having issues with the link I put in, I can not enter into site builder from the main forum page. Now If I go to any other section of the forum it will load the site builder. Is there another way around this or a way to remove the module? I know its the module as this was the only change that has happened. Thanks in advance.

You can disable the parsing of HTML, Ad, and PHP modules in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> General Settings. This should allow you to fix the html in your Static HTML Module. You must make sure the HTML is properly formatted HTML 5. It cannot include the <html> tags, the <head> tags, and the <body> tags. If you are using Javascript, you should not include your own copy of jQuery but refer to the jQuery already included in vBulletin.

Ideally, your HTML will be self-contained within either <div> or <section> tags and contain CSS class and ID identifiers that are guaranteed to be unique. To make unique identifiers, add your initials with a underscore ( _ ) to the beginning or some other prefix to make them unique.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Awesome, Wayne. This worked like a charm and was able to remove the module. Thats what my problem was. I ended up using <iframe> style of code. Not sure if this was the cause of it or not. I will have to try something else to get it to work. Was trying to add a google sheet to a module that continuously updated with stats instead of having to constantly updating the forum or channel with that information.

Comment

<iframes> can be tricky. What is the code that you're using?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment