No announcement yet.

Delete topic with ban gives "Invalid server response. Please try again."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Delete topic with ban gives "Invalid server response. Please try again."

When I try to delete a topic with ban user, I get the error window "Spam Management" "Invalid server response. Please try again.", and nothing happens.

1. vBulletin Version: 5.5.5
    2. PHP Version: 7.1.33
    3. MySQL Version: MariaDB server 10.1.43
    4. Any Addons installed: provided by default by Vbulletin (VigLink???, Nativo??? Forum Runner Redirect????)
    8. Browser and Browser version used: latest Firefox and Chrome, with cleaned cache and cookies.
    9. Did you clear the browser cache and did the error continue? Yes
    11. If the issue is an Invalid Server response, the web server and PHP logs that correspond with its timestamp.: No error in the error logs.

Details description:
    I have debugging mode enabled to diagnose this problem.
    In the list of topics I select a topic and click the "Delete Topics" link.
    This will result in this when I also select "Ban these users":

Click image for larger version  Name:	delete topic window.png Views:	0 Size:	42.9 KB ID:	4429596

Clicking the "Delete Topic" button will result in:

A HTTP POST request to "/ajax/render/inlinemod_delete_spam", which responds with a HTTP 200 with the following response body:
    (I have unescaped json and newlines for readability, and hidden private data with asterik symbols.)
    Code:
    {"errors":
        [
            [
                "nopermission_loggedin",
                "****MY_USERNAME***",
                null,
                "*******A_RANDOM_STRING***********",
                "https://***THE_FORUM_URL**"
            ],
            [
                "exception_trace",
                "## /var/www/html/core/vb/api/usergroup.php(1240) Exception Thrown
                #0 /var/www/html/core/vb/api/wrapper.php(201): vB_Api_UserGroup->fetchBannedUsergroups()
                #1 /var/www/html/core/vb/api/logwrapper.php(68): vB_Api_Wrapper->__call('fetchBannedUser...', Array)
                #2 /var/www/html/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php(101): vB_Api_Logwrapper->__call('fetchBannedUser...', Array)
                #3 /var/www/html/includes/vb5/template/runtime.php(1028): Api_Interface_Collapsed->callApi('usergroup', 'fetchBannedUser...', Array, false, true)
                #4 /var/www/html/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code(15): vB5_Template_Runtime::parseData('usergroup', 'fetchBannedUser...')
                #5 /var/www/html/includes/vb5/template.php(400): eval()
                #6 /var/www/html/includes/vb5/template.php(720): vB5_Template->render(true, true)
                #7 /var/www/html/includes/vb5/template.php(733): vB5_Template::staticRender('inlinemod_delet...', Array, true, true)
                #8 /var/www/html/includes/vb5/frontend/applicationlight.php(311): vB5_Template::staticRenderAjax('inlinemod_delet...', Array)
                #9 /var/www/html/includes/vb5/frontend/applicationlight.php(186): vB5_Frontend_ApplicationLight->callRender(Array)
                #10 /var/www/html/index.php(41): vB5_Frontend_ApplicationLight->execute()
                #11 {main}"
            ]
        ]
    }
    Click image for larger version  Name:	spam management error.png Views:	0 Size:	15.9 KB ID:	4429597

Clicking the "OK" button will result in:

Click image for larger version  Name:	spam management loading.png Views:	0 Size:	6.5 KB ID:	4429598

Clicking the "Proceed..." button will result in nothing, the button doesn't do anything at all and the "Loading..." message stays as it is.

Additional info:
    The problems occurs for a user logged in as moderator. But the moderator is able to ban users without problems using MODCP.
    The problem doesn't occur when performed as an administrator.
    The problem also doesn't occur when "Do nothing" is selected as "Punitive Action" instead of "Ban these users".

Question:
    Why do I get this error? And how to fix it?

The error trace says that your user doesn't have permission to do something in the sequence. If you're the site owner, make sure you have the proper permissions under Channel Management -> Moderator Permissions.

Though this should be a valid response and I am not sure why your Web App is rejecting it. Are you blocking scripts with a browser extension? The web interface relies on Javascript, Cookies, and Local Storage to operate properly. Disabling any of these will cause problems.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

All permissions for this moderator are set to "yes" for this channel under Channel Management -> Moderator Permissions.

I tried a different browser, from Firefox to Chrome, in incognito mode (cookies clear and enabled, no plugins, javascript enabled, local storage enabled etc), but the problem is the same.

This is the request that the browser sends to the server:
      Code:
      POST /ajax/render/inlinemod_delete_spam HTTP/1.1
      Host: *****
      Connection: keep-alive
      Content-Length: 96
      Pragma: no-cache
      Cache-Control: no-cache
      Accept: application/json, text/javascript, */*; q=0.01
      Origin: ******
      X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest
      User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/78.0.3904.108 Safari/537.36
      Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8
      Sec-Fetch-Site: same-origin
      Sec-Fetch-Mode: cors
      Referer: *******
      Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br
      Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.9
      Cookie: bbinlinemod_nodes_topic=*****; bblastvisit=1576519561; PHPSESSID=******; bbnp_notices_displayed=; bblastactivity=1576519774; bbsessionhash=********; bbpassword=******; bbuserid=*****

POST DATA:
      nodeIds[]: ****
      banusers: 1
      securitytoken: ***************
      (Post data is formatted.)

Comment

The response would be more useful.

A support ticket with server and database information would allow us to look into the issue more deeply.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment