Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Install Issue: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?' in /home/xxx/public_html/btalk/core/vb/request.php on line 68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Issue: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?' in /home/xxx/public_html/btalk/core/vb/request.php on line 68

Not a N00bie to vbulletin. According to the Member Area, I first purchased vbb 3.x in Jan, 2007 and have gone througfh all the upgrades. Have current vbb 5 running on 2 oir 3 sites. So, not my first rodeo.
    Have never gotten this error before:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?' in /home/mobisons/public_html/btalk/core/vb/request.php on line 68
    Line 68 is:
    PHP Code:
    $tempip $_SERVER[$this->config['Misc']['proxyipheader']] ?? false
    Uploaded twice so that is not the issue.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanx

This is usually due to a PHP Version error. Make sure the domain is using PHP 7.1 or higher.

The ?? operator was added to PHP in 7.X. It does not exist in earlier versions.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Been out of town - sorry for silence

Updated to php 7.3 and everythning went blank on me

The 2 sites I have (HAD) VB 5.x running, the index.php page is blank. Even the page source is blank.

The index.php page of the new install ius also completely blank!!

Something wrong here!

Comment

A blank page typically indicates a PHP error. What does the page say if you put the site into debug mode?

These are clean installs without addons? If you have third-party addons on the site, they must be compatible with your version of PHP as well. If there are no addons, then you are missing some of the System Requirements. Each new version of PHP has to be built to have these requirements. It doesn't carry over from the old version.

Also make sure you're using vBulletin 5.5.5 on all the sites.

Wayne Luke

Comment

It more than that - I totally screwed up the server and dont know how to fix!!!
          PhP is not working at all, all sites are down, etc...

Anyone want to earn a few bucks and fix my server???

Comment

Well, I fixed it, at least partially. Php is working and all Vb appears to be running ok on other sites

New install, not so good.
            Goes thriough install fine, but when ended and you click on admincp, you get an index.

Going to the admincp folder through ftp, it is blank ??
            Instalkled twice with same effect

Any thoughts??

Gonna upload everything all over again and start from scratch. Not sure where all the admincp files went??

Comment

Originally posted by frank47 View Post
              Well, I fixed it, at least partially. Php is working and all Vb appears to be running ok on other sites

New install, not so good.
              Goes thriough install fine, but when ended and you click on admincp, you get an index.

Going to the admincp folder through ftp, it is blank ??
              Instalkled twice with same effect

Any thoughts??

Gonna upload everything all over again and start from scratch. Not sure where all the admincp files went??
              vBulletin uses virtual directories. You will not find files or folders for most of the vB5 URLs. The admincp folder is supposed to be empty.

What do you mean when you say you get an index? Do you mean a list of files?

Have you renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess as per the installation instructions?
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

It not installing correctly. After install it tries to go to the admincp at root rather than /core. Same with the frontend index.
                The result is either nothing (admincp) or unformatted index page.
                Config pages seem fine.
                ??

Comment

It not installing correctly. After install it tries to go to the admincp at root rather than /core. Same with the frontend index.
                  The result is either nothing (admincp) or unformatted index page.
                  Config pages seem fine.
                  ??
                  That's where it is supposed to go. It should not be going to /core.

You didn't answer this:
                  Have you renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess as per the installation instructions?

This is important as not doing so will cause the behaviour you describe. .htaccess controls the rewrite rules to make the virtual directories work.

Comment

Sorry for not answering. Yes, htaccess was renamed.
                    I will admit it does behave as if rewrites are not working
                    The index page shows up unformatted and all the links are 404
                    I am sure it is something stupid I did or am doing
                    http://www.mobisons.org/btalk/

Comment

Ask your hosts to check that mod_rewite is enabled, and that allowoverride is set to 'all' in httpd.conf (will require restart of Apache).

Comment

Yes, htaccess was renamed.
                        This file has to start with a period. .htaccess

This is absolutely required for Apache to even see the file and use it. In addition, your virtual host files most have "AllowOverride" set to All in order for the .htaccess file to work.

https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...n-ubuntu-16-04

If you are not sure on how to configure your server, you should use a Managed Server from your hosting provider. A Managed Server means the hosting provider makes sure all of this works. Or you can use the vBulletin Cloud service where we make sure everything works properly.

Wayne Luke

Comment