Using Edit Site Feature, disabled links into Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Edit Site Feature, disabled links into Forums

Have a VB5 install on a test server in prep for upgrading a 4 version, all going really well, I attempt to change some wording of one of the Forum subcategories in the new "Edit Site" function (GUI) and somehow have totally disabled links into 3 sub-forums. So Main Forum -> Main Category -> then there are three different forums where the link is now /forum/# which obviously doesn't do anything, so I can't event get into the GUI to see what the issue is. I was experimenting with removing the /forum/forum links earlier but reverted those. Is there a fix for this? Geez, what a bite in the rear end, apparently self inflicted.

What version of PHP are you using?

You can fix this by following these steps:
    1. Upload the /core/install directory to your server.
    2. Upload tools.php from your do_not_upload directory to the /core/install directory.
    3. Load this in your browser.
    4. Enter your Customer ID.
    5. Choose the 'Scan Content Tables' menu entry.
    6. Delete the /core/install directory when you're finished.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

We're running the latest PHP. It resolved itself, and I'm not sure how. Suspect it was from running some maintenance tools but just a guess. Taken me awhile to get the hang of the new GUI for updating the site, and my lack of experience on that likely caused this. Seems to work well now. I appreciate the reply.

Comment