Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuild Custom Avatar Thumbnails

I'm getting:

The custom avatar thumbnail directory at ./customavatars is not writable. Please contact your host for assistance. Thumbnails cannot be created until this issue is resolved.
    But both customavatars and thumbs folders are 755 and I can see new files from today inside them.

The rebuild can be broken at the moment. There is an open bug report on this. Depending on the ownership of those directories and the user that runs the web server, you may need the directories to be 777.

However, there really is no reason to rebuild them unless you manually deleted the files. Even if they are missing, the software will fallback to the original avatar.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

OK Since the uograde from vB3 to vB5 some, but not all, have noticed avatars missing. How can I determine whether these folders should be set to 775 or 777. I have root access to the server and all the cpanel accounts.

Comment

Whether it is 755 or 777 depends on your server configuration, who owns the folder, who owns the file, and the user that your web server runs under. For a secure site, your web server user and your SFTP users should be different accounts. This means that for the webserver to write to the directories, they probably need to be 777 or owned by the webserver. Your hosting provider is the best source of information on your server configuration. They can recommend the least amount of permissions required for different components to be able to write to the server and the software can operate properly.

vBulletin 3 and 4 allowed "Avatar Galleries" for people to choose from. "Avatar Galleries" are not a feature in vBulletin 5. If your users chose from these galleries and didn't use custom avatars before upgrading to vBulletin 5, their avatars will be lost. They will need to upload a new custom avatar to replace it. They would do this by visiting their User Profile page and clicking the Edit Avatar link in the left column.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks Luke!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X