Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post content not visible since vB5 upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It is in my queue. I will look at it as soon as I get back to my own computer this evening. I don't have all the necessary tools at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    I opened a ticket 2313452 two days ago but no progress so far - how long should I normally wait before someone gets in touch?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    yes.

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    OK, should I open a ticket?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you can quote it, the data is in the database. Why it isn't showing up is a mystery. We would need to have access to the database to determine what the source of that mystery is.

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    If you edit the post and save it does it show correctly?
    Sadly not. So there is no content to see or edit in the post. But something is retrieved when that post is quoted. Hopefully that is a good clue as to what is going on.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you edit the post and save it does it show correctly?

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    OK, if I quote a reply to an empty post, the original contents reappears in the quote. However there is nothing to see if the empty posts are opened in edit mode.

Does any of this help?

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    This is getting a bit concerning as I am find more instances of the starter post and even a subsequent post in a thread to be blank. Does this point to a database corruption? I have a backup prior to the upgrade from vB3 to 5.

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    Correction - I thought I could see the missing posts as an administrator, but that was a nistake, Most of the starter posts on topics in this channel are blank. Here is an example:

https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forum/o...dly-selling-up

Leave a comment:

• imager
    started a topic Post content not visible since vB5 upgrade?

Post content not visible since vB5 upgrade?

This is a weird one!

Since our upgrade from vB3 to 5 in one channel posts made before the upgrade have become invisible. Posts made since the upgrade are normal. I can see all posts as an administrator. I have looked at the channel permissions and everything looks OK.

Thread prefixes are used in this channel.