Unusual Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Error

We have just noticed an error when we enter posts. Under the address bar we see this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SH7_ 1263.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	4429037
    This is the text version of the error:
    Notice: Object of class vB5_Route_Conversation could not be converted to int in .../vb5/route/conversation.php on line 611

Can someone please assist with this error - TIA

It isn't an error. It is Notice.

You should have display_errors off on production machines.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      It isn't an error. It is Notice.

You should have display_errors off on production machines.
      Well that's fantastic. I just love the way you have instructed me on how to remedy this situation. I am also grateful that this forum has someone like you who is 100 times smarter than me and who shows great enthusiasm in the willingness to guide me through to a successful resolution for a beginner such as I. Thank you so much for all your time and effort in compiling your response. Unfortunately I don't have a clue what you mean and if your answer is supposed to help me fix the problem, then I admit that I am apparently more stupid than I thought I was. I must be the biggest laughing stock on this forum for not comprehending your answer. I am so sorry for bothering you. I will leave the "NOTICE" there for all to see. Greg

Comment

Ask your hosting provider to turn off the display of PHP Errors. I can't give you the steps to do this because I don't know what your server configuration is.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• CorbinH
          CorbinH
          CorbinH commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for that useful bit of information Wayne, would it have hurt you to say that in the first place? You may well be very knowledgeable about all the ins and outs of vBulletin but not everyone has as much experience as you. It is like pulling teeth to get the relevant information from you to fix any problems that we have. You may well be Technical Support Lead, but your support skills are sadly lacking.