Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Resolved] Issue on upcoming events module

Standard module with title set to off. Standard themes

Is the format intentional ?? where the date shown like this, looks as if its has not resized correctly.

Or am I missing something ?

John
    Last edited by john_rsd; Mon 9th Dec '19, 2:14pm.
    Thanks In Advance

John

Did you change the value for "Event Date Format Override" in the language settings?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Wayne, no, everything under Language Settings > Date/Time formatting is blank which I assume means no overide and the default ?

- John

Thanks In Advance

John

Comment

• john_rsd
        john_rsd commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought it could be the template (25/50/25) as front page and I had it squished into the left column so I dragged it to footer which reveals all the text fine but the date is still the same overing the layer below

The default format for that date is "abbreviated month - day." This can be seen on the front end of this site. The layout of the page shouldn't change this.

Did you change the locale of your language? If so, then you probably have to do the opposite and set an override.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Wayne, no I did not change anything from standard, I will stick it in chrome so I can see what the code says.
        Thanks In Advance

John

Comment

Your site is not using what we would use as the default for that view of a date. Looking at it in CHROME won't help you fix the issue.

What is the Locale of your site?

Default date formats are based on the Server's Locale. Not something within vBulletin. You can override this by specifying a Locale in the language settings. This is useful so you can use Spanish, German, French, or English date names. If you have a LOCALE specified for your language, then you need to specify a override value for the Event Data that equals "abbreviated month - day" in your AdminCP.

It is necessary to know what the Locale for your language is so the appropriate value can be provided. Otherwise, you need to follow the links on the language settings page and determine what to use based on your server configuration.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Wayne, I went back and changed the date format in Options then back again and all seems well now.

I more or less ended up following the same path as you mentioned albeit not as methodical as yours.

Site wise I am still experimenting a bit. The two digits are fine.

Slowly but surely I am learning more (especially from my mistakes) and getting a feeling for whats happening under the surface.

Subscriptions is next after I have figured out why an extra custom user field is not being populated with the default value I gave it. Or is that intended behaviour ?

Thanks for the help Wayne

- John

Thanks In Advance

John

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X