Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spam visitor messages

Dear staff,

all users have received many spam visitor messages, i deleted and banned the spam account but all visitor messages still there,
    it takes too long time to delete them on each user profile,
    is it possible to delete these spam visitor messages at once ?

thank you for help

I know that if the user account is still there you can use prune to delete all posts associated with that account in one action, but not after the account has been deleted. I'm not sure if it is possible to delete messages this way.

Comment

thank you imager, unfortunately i wasn't careful about that

Comment

• imager
        imager commented
        Editing a comment
        I learned the hard way too

it's ok deleted one by one not too many users

Comment

When you ban a user due to a post, you have the option to delete all posts by that user in the dialog.

There is no other way to mass prune these messages. You should use Usergroup Promotions in conjunction with Usergroup Permissions to prevent new users from leaving Visitor Messages. After the users have been registered for a while then they can get promoted to a group with more privileges.

Individual Users can also control this on the Privacy Tab of their Account settings.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

thank you very much Wayne great clarification

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X