Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Version 5.5.5 Hover on created event in Latest News and Topics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 5.5.5 Hover on created event in Latest News and Topics.

I just noticed this issue, and am not running any 5.5.4 sites to see if this is something new with 5.5.5.

When hovering on an event that is showing in the Latest News & Topics module, the attached pops up to all viewers (unregistered/guests included).

This only occurs in that specific module, does not occur in the forum the event is created in.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	74.3 KB ID:	4428183
    Last edited by NumNum; Wed 27 Nov '19, 3:20pm.
    adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

I believe there is an open issue to improve the display of the tooltip. Not all browsers convert the HTML properly.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. The OP is a chrome browser, the attached two are firefox and edge. None of them really display the pop up correctly. Perhaps it is due to the map image that comes through?

Click image for larger version

Name:	edge.png
Views:	70
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	4428334Click image for larger version

Name:	ff.png
Views:	55
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	4428335
      adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

There is a reason we exclude events from the latest topics on this site. This bug would be it. Quite simply, there is too much HTML in the text sent to the Title attribute.

The way the preview elements are created has to be refactored to show this information properly. It really isn't a high priority at this time. Polls have a similar issue.
        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 29 Nov '19, 12:46pm.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment