Russian bots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Resolved] Russian bots?

I have been receiving new user registrations all of them of Russian origin for about a week; My site is Spanish so it's really strange xD. So I guess it's all bot accounts. Should I worry? I hope you are not registering and at any given time all bot accounts begin to be spammed in the forum ...

You should switch from the old obsolete Image verification to ReCaptcha V2 in the AdminCP under Settings -> Human Verification Manager. This will help reduce non-human registrations.

You can also take advantage of the Anti-spam tools under Settings -> Spam Settings. To find out more about each option, click the question mark to the right of the option.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Changes made, thank you very much @Wayne Luke

Comment

Hi. This is partly a test to see if I can actually post here now. Cool, I can. Also, I just checked this for our forum, and I don't see reCaptcha v2. I see this:Click image for larger version  Name:	Human Verification Options v5.5.5.png Views:	0 Size:	29.7 KB ID:	4428081

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          Wayne Luke commented
          Editing a comment
          This is Settings -> Options -> Human Verification Options.

You change the verification type under Settings -> Human Verification Manager. Different page.

Aha, I see it. It is already ReCaptcha V2.Thanks! @Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X