Member profile is always reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member profile is always reset

Problem: User's profile is reset to original settings?

This is something that has been happening on my forums for years. It is not serious but perhaps it has a reason.

As an administrator, I go to the Admin Control Panel, get into the profile of a user and make changes. Those changes , in particular, are ticking in the boxes of desired usergroups + changing Custom User Title to Yes.

After some time, which cold be days, sometimes weeks, I notice that some users loose this customized setting. I get into their profiles and find the usergroups unticked and the Custom User Title reverted to No.

Why do you think this is happening? As I said, the problem has always been there since the first time I created new user groups in the system.

I haven't heard of this happening before.
    • Are you reverting tables in the database?
    • Is someone else reverting tables?
    • Do you have third-party products installed that try to manage users?
    • Are you using Usergroup Promotions or Paid Subscriptions that would change their usergroups?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• Are you reverting tables in the database?
      No.
      • Is someone else reverting tables?
      No.
      • Do you have third-party products installed that try to manage users?
      No.
      • Are you using Usergroup Promotions or Paid Subscriptions that would change their usergroups?

I am having one promotion rule in place, which is to move members from Registered Members into another one if they make three posts. However, 1) this promotion has nothing to do with the specific members in the VIP group (a group that I made) 2) the problem of profile auto-reset happened even before putting the promotion rule.

Comment

I am not sure why it is changing. Would need to have access to the installation.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X