Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature a Forum

Hello,
    Is it possible to feature a forum channel so that when members post to that forum, their posts show in the content slider? I understand how to individually feature a single post, but I was hoping to be able to set one or more of my channels as a featured area? For example, I have a forum channel where members post photos of their plants/blooms. It would be nice if that content could be automatically shared into the content slider.

I'm coming to vb5 at the latest version 5.5.5; It is a big learning curve. Thank you for your help.

K

While I await some help from those who are in the know with being able to call posts from a specific fourm-id, here is some info that will likely help someone else looking at this module:

The following will select the latest posts (regardless if they have images or not) and put them in the slider.
    Code:
    {"starter_only":1,"date":{"from":"30"},"channel":["2"],"sort":{"created":"desc"},"view":"","exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}
    Thank you

Comment

For a channel you can use:
      Code:
      {"channel":"X"}
      Where X is the nodeid of the channel. The nodeid will be shown in the AdminCP's Channel Manager. This will include all sub-forums as well.

To limit the search to Photo Galleries (created by clicking the Camera icon):

Code:
      {"channel":"3";"type":["vBForum_Photo"]}
      https://forum.vbulletin.com/articles...he-search-json
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        For a channel you can use:
        Code:
        {"channel":"X"}
        Where X is the nodeid of the channel. The nodeid will be shown in the AdminCP's Channel Manager. This will include all sub-forums as well.

To limit the search to Photo Galleries (created by clicking the Camera icon):

Code:
        {"channel":"3";"type":["vBForum_Photo"]}
        https://forum.vbulletin.com/articles...he-search-json
        Thank you, sir!
        K

Comment