Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saiff
    replied
    yes, vbulletin 5.5.5. i am not using debug mode. should i activate it?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you didn't convert the existing data using our scripts, then the emoji added before you changed the fields will continue to be broken. We literally have no idea when one character ends and another begins because UTF8 characters can be 1-3 bytes in length. Where UTF8MB4 characters will always be 4 bytes in length.

Emoji shouldn't be indexed in the word table. I haven't experienced that before. Are you using debug mode? This is vBulletin 5.5.5?

Leave a comment:

• saiff
    replied
    Hello,

- all tables are converted.
    - we converted from phpmyadmin we didn't use the vbulletin script

now the emojis appear. sometimes during insertion an invalid sql error (see screenshot) appears especially in chat.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191203_230107.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.7 KB ID:	4428653

the emoji inserted before the conversion remained question marks. see the screenshot

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191203_235355.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	4428654

instead on the (notice) do not appear totally you see points of question (see the screenshot).

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191203_230417.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.5 KB ID:	4428652
    Last edited by saiff; Tue 3rd Dec '19, 1:59pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You've done this on all 203 tables in the database? The images really don't provide any kind of picture that would help me help you more.

Did you use the database conversion scripts we provide in your vBulletin Download? They actually convert the data in the tables and don't just change settings.

Leave a comment:

• saiff
    replied
    hello wayne,

we have converted to utf8mb4_unicode_ci. do i have to do anything?

Name:	closure.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	4428409

Name:	nodde.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	4428410

Name:	text.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	4428411

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    All those fields need to be utf8mb4_general_ci not utf8_general_ci. Everything in the database must be utf8mb4.

Leave a comment:

• saiff
    replied
    I think you are right wayne, now I have seen the tables node and text I discovered that the collation still utf-8. practically the forum database has not been converted correctly. see the attached screenshots

Name:	uttf.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	4428347

Name:	utf.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	4428348

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The HTML Character set is correct. There is no UTF8MB4 HTML Character set. That is specific to MySQL.

Without access to the server, I can't tell you why the Emoji are not working properly. Question marks are typically used when the font doesn't know how to display the character. If you're using a modern OS (Windows 10, Mac OSX, newer versions of Linux, etc...) then you should have up to date fonts installed and they should display properly.

However, your data isn't even being stored in the database correctly. Could be the individual fields weren't converted. You're simply not providing enough information to solve the issue. Limited screenshots with 50% of the data needed doesn't help.

Leave a comment:

• saiff
    replied

the character set correct or should I put uft8mb4?

Leave a comment:

• saiff
    replied

Name:	utf8.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	4428168

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What is the character set for your Arabic language within vBulletin? What is the Locale?

Leave a comment:

• saiff
    replied
    An example here

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What is a link to the problem?

Leave a comment:

• saiff
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    What font is your site using? Is it a UTF-8 font or Arabic specific? Ask the font creators if they have a UTF-8 version that supports the Emoji.
    arial use. I tried tahoma. the same problem

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What font is your site using? Is it a UTF-8 font or Arabic specific? Ask the font creators if they have a UTF-8 version that supports the Emoji.

Leave a comment: