Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vbulletin upgrade to 5.5 from 4.3 Call to a member function fetch_userinfo() on null

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What does the error say if you put the site into debug mode?

Sometimes that works. Sometimes, the server's configuration prevent it from working. If there is no more information, the proper place to look for a PHP Error is in the PHP error log as specified in your php.ini file and listed in the phpinfo() output.

Leave a comment:

• d1man
    replied
    Hey,

cptbob123, can you check your web server error log? Apache/nginx always logging all access and error logs (sure, if you didn't disable it on a configuration file). I think it should be enough to understand where is an error comes.

Leave a comment:

• cptbob123
    replied
    Wayne, whilst we are guessing here, is there anywhere to get vbulletin to actually give me the full error?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Do you have the mbstring and iconv libraries installed in PHP?

vBulletin 5.5.5 is in its own directory without any existing vBulletin 4.X files?

You should also uninstall any vbulletin 4.x addons and third-party styles before upgrading.

Leave a comment:

• Mohammed Abu Risha
    replied
    The PHP version that works for my upgrade is

Note: Honestly, I learnt it in the hard way not to tamper with PHP version and to ask the host to do it for me. I had several nightmares because of having haphazardly changed the version not knowing how to restore things to what they were before!
    Last edited by Mohammed Abu Risha; Tue 19 Nov '19, 5:20am.

Leave a comment:

• cptbob123
    replied
    yup. 7.2 for certain.

Attachment shows a quick screendump
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    PHP 5.6 will absolutely always fail. The minimum version for vBulletin 5.5.x is PHP 7.1.

When you put a PHP Info file in your vBulletin directory and load it in the browser does it say you're using PHP 7.2?

A PHP Info file would have these contents:

Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo();

Leave a comment:

• Vbulletin upgrade to 5.5 from 4.3 Call to a member function fetch_userinfo() on null

Hey,

So I have a copy of my database, and I've uploaded the 'upload' directory to a new subdomain to test an upgrade to 5.5, I've run the upgrade script which asks for my DB details, I hit submit and get the following error:

Call to a member function fetch_userinfo() on null

PHP logs are not showing me where this function is being called, or I could go and dig out what's going wrong.

PHP: I've tried on 7.2 and 5.6 (I have both running in FPM mode on different ports).
    MySQL: MariaDB 10.2

Any help finding where the problem is would be greatly appreciated. The current site has a fair few mods (which I'm not bothered about keeping), but I do need to keep the posts etc.