• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panzerscope
    replied
    Originally posted by AlyGreen View Post
    Hi panzerscope ,

You can restrict user access to this show/hide checkbox with some CSS & phrase management workarounds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	other-user-cust.PNG
Views:	27
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	4428160

To hide the checkbox
    Code:
    input#usercustomizations_87[type=checkbox] {
    display: none;
    }
    To (change or hide) the phrase in AdminCP > Languages & Phrases > Search in Phrases > "Show other user customizations"

usersetting_showusercss

Name:	phrases.PNG
Views:	63
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	4428157

To hide the phrase place a blank space in the new phrase box or change it to say something like "User customizations are not available"

Likewise for the help text phrase search for
    "Other users can make customizations to some of their pages, such as their profile page. With this option you can choose to hide these customizations."

use_can_make_customizations

Name:	phrases-2.PNG
Views:	26
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	4428158

Then remove or change the phrase text so it doesn't appear on the page or gives different information that's relevant to your forum.

This leaves the label "Other User Customizations" which is harder to target using CSS as it does not have a unique identifier.

I was up against this problem yesterday, trying to target a label using the text content via CSS but could not find a way of doing so.

Name:	other-user-label.PNG
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	4428159

Hope this helps.

Aly
    Nice ! Thanks I will keep this in mind should everything else fail.

Leave a comment:

• AlyGreen
    replied
    Hi panzerscope ,

You can restrict user access to this show/hide checkbox with some CSS & phrase management workarounds.

Name:	other-user-cust.PNG
Views:	27
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	4428160

To hide the checkbox
    Code:
    input#usercustomizations_87[type=checkbox] {
        display: none;
    }
    To (change or hide) the phrase in AdminCP > Languages & Phrases > Search in Phrases > "Show other user customizations"

usersetting_showusercss

Name:	phrases.PNG
Views:	63
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	4428157

To hide the phrase place a blank space in the new phrase box or change it to say something like "User customizations are not available"

Likewise for the help text phrase search for
    "Other users can make customizations to some of their pages, such as their profile page. With this option you can choose to hide these customizations."

use_can_make_customizations

Name:	phrases-2.PNG
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	4428158

Then remove or change the phrase text so it doesn't appear on the page or gives different information that's relevant to your forum.

This leaves the label "Other User Customizations" which is harder to target using CSS as it does not have a unique identifier.

I was up against this problem yesterday, trying to target a label using the text content via CSS but could not find a way of doing so.

Name:	other-user-label.PNG
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	4428159

Hope this helps.

Aly

Leave a comment:

• panzerscope
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    There is no setting to turn off the ability to hide profile customization. People may be turning this off for accessibility purposes.
    Thanks.

The issue we have been having is that users when clicking to hide the users customization, the page refreshes but the customization are still showing and the button is still showing ''Hide User Customization'' as if nothing has happened, which evidently is the case as the customization will not hide. I am going to get some user screen-casts to further diagnose what the issue could be. Will pop them here if nothing is obvious.

Thanks !

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There is no setting to turn off the ability to hide profile customization. People may be turning this off for accessibility purposes.

Leave a comment:

• panzerscope
    replied
    Any feedback on this ?

Leave a comment:

• panzerscope
    started a topic ''Hide User Customization'' button not working

''Hide User Customization'' button not working

Hey guys,

So we allow users to customize their profile pages. However a user reported to me that they were unable to hide the user profile customization as when they hit the ''Hide User Customization'' button. I was able to replicate this on

I can see in the usergroup settings where you can allow usergroups whether they can customize their profiles, but nothing with regards to allowing or denying the ability to Hide/Show a user customization.

I must be missing something. Any idea ?

Thanks,
    P