Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uploading photos and multiple thumbnails.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading photos and multiple thumbnails.

Hi, I am having some trouble understanding how the Photo upload works. I often get stuck with many thumbnails in a post and need delete them and start all over again, Upload and place them.

Screen 1 We see same photo 2 times and 3 time below.
    I don't understand why this happens but it Happens a lot.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Multible thumbnails.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	4427053

I have deleted the thumbnail rows and am trying to delete the last photo

Name:	Trying to delete photo.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	4427055

After hitting the recycle bin I am prompted with this screen
    There I have 2 option Cancel or Upload again??

Name:	No promt for OK.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	4427054

This word Photo is not available for translation

Name:	Not translateble.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	4427056

And finally I don't understand this 3 places. It looks like they do the same thing

Name:	Untitled-5.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	4427057

Best regard and Thank you

When you select the Camera, you're telling the system you are creating a Photo Gallery post. The main requirement for a Photo Gallery is that the post includes one or more photos.

When you select the Attachment Panel, you're telling the system that you want to add attachments to the post. Each post can have zero or more attachments. Inserting images inline with the rich text editor is creating attachments that happen to be inline.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      When you select the Camera, you're telling the system you are creating a Photo Gallery post. The main requirement for a Photo Gallery is that the post includes one or more photos.

When you select the Attachment Panel, you're telling the system that you want to add attachments to the post. Each post can have zero or more attachments. Inserting images inline with the rich text editor is creating attachments that happen to be inline.
      Thank you for explaining the difference between camera and Attachment I had not figured that out.

But why the double lines of thumbnails and no way to delete the photo from camera Icon??

Comment

As Wayne said:
        ”The main requirement for a Photo Gallery is that the post includes one or more photos.”
        So you cannot delete the last photo, a photo gallery post required at least one photo, just as a text post requires some text and a calendar post requires a date.

I’m not sure what you mean by “double lines”. If you add a photo and also embed it, then while editing it will show both in the post edit area and also below there as an available thumbnail. It will only show once when you submit the post.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

You can define how many thumbnails show for your gallery. Anything over the defined number will be collapsed and a link will show allowing the user to view all images in a Lightbox presentation.

Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options. Number of thumbnails to show for photo posts

You can delete all but one image from a photo gallery by editing the topic.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Okey so It looks like I accidentally created a 1 photo, Photo gallery. How can I delete it?
            I can not find a Photo gallery in Admin CP

Comment

You can delete a topic/post using the Inline Moderation tools in the top-right corner of the topic or by clicking the "Edit" link in the post.

Wayne Luke

Comment