Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Channel

Is there a way to make a news feed-like channel where all forum posts dump into? We want our users to have the option to see a continuous feed of what is being posted in all forums in case they don't want to look at one forum specifically.

Wouldn't this be the Latest Activity tab on the default home page that ships with vBulletin?
    Clicking on "New Posts" in the header navigation will show them unread posts since their last visit.
    Today's Posts (only viewable by guests in a default style) shows all new content in the last 24 hours.
    The Latest Topics module on the default home page provides a search of all new content. Clicking on View All will take you to a page with more posts listed.

There is no way to do this with channels. However, the Activity Stream and Search Modules provide the same functionality.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Somehow the latest activity tab can only be found in one of our topics in a forum - how do I move this onto a separate page?

Comment

You can see here that I've tried to move it and when I try to see the latest activity nothing actually shows up.

Comment

I made a latest posts page using a search module - would this be close to what you need?
          https://www.talknewsuk.com/latestposts
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

yes! that is what we would like but we cant seem to figure out how to only have the latest activity tab show up by itself and not after topics.
            we want to have one topic alone as a latest activity tab, and then a forum page with all the topics

Comment

1. Go to https://forum.vbulletin.com. Click on Latest Activity. This shows the latest activity for the entire site. The front page of your forums should behave the exact same way.
              2. When you visit a channel, it shows the activity from that channel.
              3. If you put the Activity Stream on a blank page, it has nothing to show because there is no channel.

If you really insist on creating another page to show this information, you must use a Search Module.

You can make the "Latest Activity" the default tab of any page it exists on by editing the Modules Options within Site Builder.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Sorry, it is sort of difficult to explain but we are able to see the Latest Activity stream however, it is not where it should be and we cannot figure out how to move it. We want it to be on a page that can be accessed by clicking one of the tabs in the navigation bar. However, for whatever reason, it can only be accessed through a topic in one of our forums. The trail to get there is Forum tab in navigation bar --> "name of forum" ---> "name of topic in forum" which then brings you to the latest activity stream. In addition to the weird trail to get there, once you click on the topic it brings you to a page that looks like it should be the home page, even though our home page is entirely different. I attached a screenshot of what the page looks like when you click on the topic.

Please let me know if this is unclear.

Comment

You cannot put an Activity Stream Module on a page by itself. It can only be used on the pages we create when you add a new channel. I have been saying this all the time.

Clicking on the "Latest Activity" tab on the default home page created by vBulletin when it is installed, does what you want to do. If you do not have a Latest Activity tab on that page, you turned it off and need to re-enable it by editing the page and the existing module options.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thank you for your help. While I do understand what you're saying, I am not sure which template is the default home page. Is this the template called "Classic Home Page Template"? If so, that is the one I am currently using however I do not have the option to make new posts, reply to old ones, etc. Now my page is entirely read only. What module or template do I need to use to utilize the feature which is a feed where all posts dump into and where administrators can create new posts?
                    Attached Files

Comment

You shouldn't really try editing the default page templates. If I had my way, you would never see them.
                      1. In Site Builder. Click on "Quick Setup".
                      2. Click on "Default" for the Home Page Selection.
                      3. Close the Quick Setup.
                      4. Visit your site's homepage.
                      5. Click on "Latest Activity."

The Classic page emulates what vBulletin looked like in vBulletin 4.X and strips 90% of the functionality off the home page.

Wayne Luke

Comment