Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB5.5.5 Status Icon with IE

Hi,

After I upgrade from VB5.5.4 to VB5.5.5, the forum status icon behave differently (aspect ratio not square) on IE 11.
    I notice this happens to this forum as well if you view this forum from IE 11. All other browsers seem okay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IE11.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	4426612

IE11 is six years old and approaching End Of Life status as of January 14th, 2020. I'm surprised anyone is still using it.

Comment

IE11 is however still supported (for now) so it should work, and I cannot replicate the issue.

Make sure the browser is not in compatibility mode.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

I browse https://forum.vbulletin.com with IE 11 on few different PCs, they all behave the same.
        Browser not in compatibility mode.

Name:	vb2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	4426626

Name:	vb1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	4426627

Comment

I can replicate the issue and it is definitely a browser rendering issue. The most likely issue is that IE doesn't properly support SVG Fragments. The version of Edge shipping with Windows 10 has problems with them as well. SVG images are newer technology that older browsers like IE can have problems supporting. If you are using vBulletin 5.5.5, or higher, you can upload custom PNG, GIF, or JPG icons in the channel manager to work around this issue on your site.

At this time, Internet Explorer should be considered deprecated. It hasn't received updates to the newest standards in several years. Unless it is a catastrophic issue, we aren't going to devote a lot of time to resolve it. I recommend that users upgrade to the Chromium version of Edge which will be replacing it early next year across most operating systems (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, MacOS, iOS, and Android).
          Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 11th Nov '19, 11:45am.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the explanation.

Comment